1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video EDITING Software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by gearboy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. gearboy

gearboy Member

Hey Guys!

Was up.........i am new here!!!!

all i wan to know is,,,,,,,,,,,WHat is the best video editing software out there today!!!!!

DONT MATTER the PRICE!!!

AND i mean the best with all the little bells and whistles!!

Thanks
    Gearboy!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

have you read any reviews on any programs? if you were to do a google search you will find quite a few programs that will do what you are wanting to do, pinnacle,adobe, ulead, theese are a few big names, some are more user friendly thain others.

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

Get videoredoit, it's fast and handles mpeg1,mpeg2,vob's among other formats. It has frame accuracy editing and saves your edited files with no quality loss (saves without reencoding video). Other video editing programs take hours to give you a finish product, this program does it in less than 10 minutes most of the times. This is a pure editor ,doesn't do any titles/menu's/ fancy transitions etc. I use it mostly to remove commercials off of TV recordings, but I have also used it to removed unwanted scenes from dvd movies. It's a solid program that doesn't crash my computer and the video's stay in audio sync. Try out the demo below.

http://www.videoredo.com/

If you need the bells and whistles I would try the following Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD, it's more expensive, but I used their products before and got good results. It also saves without reencoding. Stay away from Pinnacle and Adobe (too complicated and crash prone).

http://www.womble.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  4. 340duster

340duster Member

from experience what do you guys use and like best!!
    for say cutting down a clip to use for a slide show

5. meggiecc

meggiecc Guest

Try AVS Video tools , AVS Video Tools is a 4-in-1 multimedia program which can convert video, rip and burn DVD. It can also split, join, remove commercials, edit, rotate, apply effects, capture, transfer, copy DVD and movie files! it's the best value software i've been purchased.

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

@jony218

Cutting out portions of a video file is only a small portion of editing. VideoRedo is good for that, but it really isn't a video editing software.

I like Roxio EMC 7.5 and EMC 9.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  7. JSKerr

JSKerr Guest

I use the Adobe Studio, Premier 1.5 Pro for editing video on a PC it’s got to be one of the most reliable editing platforms I have ever used. Not to mention your learned skill set is almost transferable to the MAC Final cut Pro 5. The entire Adobe Studio suite gives a well matched set of software for a good price.