1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Experts....I need your Help!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Volmanal, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Volmanal

Volmanal Member

Ok, I want to know the easiest most error free way to take bin/cue files to DVD. This is what I have been doing, I extraxt the mpg file from the bin file with isobuster then I take that a use either the new nero ultra, or sonic my dvd creator. Or I have been using vcd2dvd. Either way I have been having a lot of out of sync problems. Nero ultra and sonic take 4 hours to make 1 DVD. I tried rencoding the audio with tmpeg plus but that makes it worst. Also I am having problems with taking pal video and converting it to NTSC. Is there a way to do this? Like I said I want to know the easiest, Most dependable and the fastest way to this by keeping the programs down to 2-3.

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well it depends on what is In the Bin/Cue Files, Are they VCD/SVCD?? Either way you do NOT have to convert the VCD/SVCD Files to DVD Format for them to Play on your DVD player because the VCD Format and the SIF DVD format are allmost exactly the same accept that the audio for DVD Has to be 48000hz, And for SVCD Files you can Just Make a Non-Standard DVD useing SVCD Files which will play on most any DVD Player and they only thing that has to be done for both VCD and SVCD Files is to demux the audio from the VCD/SVCD files and resample the Audio to 48000hz...All you need to resample the audio and to demux the VCD/SVCD Files are Tmpgenc and a Good audio encoder Like "Headac3he"(Freeware)..
    You just Run Tmpgenc and go to "File" to "mpeg tools" to "Simple Demultiplex" and Load the VCD/SVCD File in there that you extracted from the Bin files useing ISOBuster, Then click "Run" and it will turn the VCD/SVCD files into seperate audio and Video files..
    Now Run "headac3he" and load the Audio File in, and set the Sample rate to 48000hz and set the Format to "MP2" and the Bitrate to say "384kbs" and then click "Start" and it will resample the audio....
    Now for VCD to DVD I would use "Tmpgenc DVD author" to author the Seperate audio and Video files to DVD but for SVCD Files I would use "DVD-Lab" to make the Non-Standard SVCD DVD, neither of there DVD authoring Programs has a Mpeg encoder so you do not have to worry about them re-encodeing the Files and ruining the Quality....
    As For Converting Pal AVI/Mpeg to NTSC there are very few Programs that can do this Properly because the Proscess of converting Pal/NTSC is extremely complicated in a Technical way..The only encoder I know of that can properly Convert Pal/NTSC Formats is "Canopus Procoder 1.5", It can handle Many formats and creates Very high quality Mpeg files but it is also very expensive at about $700...well good Luck

PS: those DVD authoring Programs I mentioned have 30 day demo"s available and you can find them on Line if you do a Google search...

3. Volmanal

Volmanal Member

Thanks, I will give it a shot.