1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video File Editing in Nero 7: How To Do It?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by hc803, Feb 27, 2007.

1. hc803

hc803 Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just started using Nero 7 Ultra Edition with my HP dvd840e burner.

I tried to burn a dvd of my "Empire Strikes Back" .avi file last night, but it's "too big" for a blank DVD.

My question is: is there a program in Nero (e.g. Vision Express) or some other good program that will allow me to "cut" parts of the movie out (like the beginning scrolling and end credits) so that it will be under 2 hrs. and will fit on a blank dvd?

Thanks!
    -hc803

2. aDcleaner

aDcleaner Member

Recode
    Shrink

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you use Nero recode then why would you use DVD Shrink.

4. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

(laughs at and with gwendolin, because that is so true)

However, only (main) problem with Nero Recode is that it won't touch a *Retail* dvd.

But you can still use (and actually need) both apps to get : start with DVDShrink to compress and copy the dvd to 4.38gb dvd blank specs and then use Nero Burning Rom to burn the disk.

A helpful, illustrated tutorial is right here in this very website.

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I cannot understand this statement, can you explain a bit further.

If you use Nero Recode, main movie only, it will remove credits and trailers and burn (as it states) Main Movie only.

You can ALSO achieve this by using DVD Shrink,But I cannot understand why you would use BOTH

The tutorial referred to is fitting more than 1 title to a DVD, how does this apply.

6. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

[Not that I feel like I'm under attack, but...]

I misread the initial post and thought the person was referring to a retail dvd of Empire Strikes Back. A human mistake.

If that is the case, I made another mistake.

Thank you for clearing those things up, since that would otherwise cause the person with the question to stumble.

Corypolo

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Corypolo,

Please dont feel like you're under attack, your knowlege is welcome at AD. Unlike some members here who just like to troll through threads and give absolutely meaningless answers (probably to increase their post count) you have assisted with quite a few threads since joining...the more the merrier!!

Running AnyDVD should take care of Empire Strikes Back.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  8. aDcleaner

aDcleaner Member

He asked for programs. I answered. Where have you been since Feb 27?

P.S.
    gwendolin,you been here long time and know much ,but your not a MOD so quit the attacks on others posts. If you have a beef use the report link. Since I do not have that right yet, I will let you have the honor.
    My answer was not meaningless. I just not trying to play a know-it-all like you. so knock it off.....

P.P.S
    Look at the nick

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

aDcleaner, see title under my nic &

10. aDcleaner

aDcleaner Member

so it is ok for old timers to talk sh*t

11. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@aDcleaner,

In NO way were the comments I made directed towards you, the member in question,(he is a Member...not a Newbie).. who posted in another thread knows who I refer to.

12. aDcleaner

aDcleaner Member

Why do you comment. Just make ur own post

13. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I have responded to the thread as I was queerying the use of BOTH programs, as I stated I do NOT think it is necessary to use BOTH...if you want to help others then I suggest you answer with a bit more info, just saying Recode
    Shrink is not much of a reply.

At least Corypolo has responded and expanded your response.

As I said the comments made were NOT directed towards you but if you want to "get into it" I will certainly oblige.

14. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi *everyone*!

You know, if I could continue to expand on my errors replying in this thread (the hole just keeps getting deeper!), I just realized something very primary (I'm still subscribed): I possibly made an additional mistake reading aDcleaner write:

"Recode
    Shrink"

It dawned on me (late) that that could have just been a cursory set of instructions like "Use Recode to shrink [as a verb] the avi" instead of me ASSuming that "Shrink" was maybe aDcleaner's momentary short hand for "DVDShrink" [the noun] (the capital 'S' kinda lead me thinking in that direction)

Eh..

Again, my apologies to everyone for my gross misunderstanding/presumptions, but in a way, especially for poor hc803 who's probably now like "WTF??!" [note the lack of a subsequent reply from hc803, as (and I mean no offense to anyone, but) the topic has been kinda hijacked into an argument extended from some serious love loss elsewhere]

15. aDcleaner

aDcleaner Member

Yes it was not much of a response, but seening as no one else had answered for two weeks. My response was meant as a pointer and a bump. If either word was entered into search, there would be a trove of information.
    Personally I never use Nero. Decrypter Shrink and InfoEdit are all I need to "backup" a DVD.
    But we are not talking abou a "DVD" here, but a downloaded AVI file which Shrink of course would not work [without encoding].

gwendolin, If you were concerned with answering hc803 post, you in noway show it, as you have provided little information.

You state your remark was not meant for me but another member. So it is still a comment on another and as such is still an attack. I would not comment on anothers post. Just provide information to poster.

I also offer my apology to hc803 for this poor representation of afterdawn. I hope you return soon as there is much information to be gleaned from this site. Post again for any futher questions.
    I should have taken this disput into a PM, sorry about that.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007