1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video files stored in explorer

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rtrg, Jan 30, 2019.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

lately I have been recording videos using a screen recorder. they are then stored in the videos folder found in windows explorer. when I delete a file by right click/delete/ok, does this reclaim the space the file used? if not how do I reclaim that space and more by deleting as many files as I need to? does disk clean up tool do that? can I clean up my "c" drive of anything/everything I no longer need without losing the OS? advice please.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Deleting sends it to recycle bin only unless it's too large then it gets wiped & space is returned to free space.
    Portable version of ccleaner to clean system & also using ccenhancer with ccleaner will allow more options. Both allow deselecting what gets removed.

Treesize free portable,multi commander portable or Q-Dir portable when run as admin can show you what folders have what size files & where

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I delete from recycle bin to reclaim space. there is a knowledgeable person here.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

well then whats your question??if you permanently delete the files they are gone,ergo space reclaimed.