1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video files to Image files (ISO)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by razorstab, Mar 25, 2005.

1. razorstab

razorstab Member

I actually don't know where to post this question. And if i'm posting in the wrong setion please let me know.

Anyway, i need help with conversion or creating ISO files. Is there a way to convert any file particularly video files (such as : avi and mpegs) to image files (such as ISO or BIN/CUE)? how? and what application do i need to convert them?

i want to convert them to image files because i need to make the video files smaller; so i could burn them as data to CD-Rs. And keep them for future use.

hope you guys could help..

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Makeing the Video Files into Images Like ISO or Bin/Cue will Not make them smaller, they will actually Probably make them slightly bigger as there is a Little Data overhead in Image Files and Image Formats are Not Compression Formats...

I think you are on the Wrong Track here...

Just simply Burn the Files as data Files...

Even if you were to use something like WinRar or WinZip to compress the Hell out of these Video files you would not shrink the Files very much as Video files are allready Compressed....

You could Convert the Files to a More Compressed Video format but that will also Degrade the Quality....

Cheers