1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Formats on LG GW620R (Eve)

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by lukeuhren, Feb 25, 2010.

1. lukeuhren

lukeuhren Member

Anyone know the proper video format to throw on a LG GW620R (Eve)? I had converted videos to .avi, mpeg,.divx, MP4 etc and had no luck with this phone playing them. Unless my converter isn't doing it right but that shouldn't be the case as my old Sony Ericson played videos I convereted with it just fine. I even went as far as registering the DVIX VOD Device on divx and after converting videos to divx it still said "Cannot play video" I have had a lot of phones in my day that play videos and converting videos and throwing them on the SD card was always the way for me and it worked fine. Anyone have this phone and have videos working on it that you threw on from you computer to your SD Card like I am trying? This is confusing why all these methods I tryed don't work.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

The phone should be able to play mpeg-4, Divx or H.264. What resolution do you encode to? What audio codec did you use?
    Which converter?

3. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

not sure on your peticular phone, but...........
    on the hero you have to put the videos into a specific folder. But if your phone is finding the you should be ok. I would maybe try a different converter. Personally I use "Format Factory" for all of my converting and it has worked wonderful for me.