1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video freez after 35 minutes- audio goes to the end

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sirpet, Feb 22, 2003.

1. sirpet

sirpet Guest

hi
    i tried to encode the Star Wars episode II with TMPGEnc but freez after 35.11 min. The audio is going to the end of the file.
    do you have any idea what might be wrong?
    thanks

2. Cheery

Cheery Guest

I have been having the same problem. I think it has something to do with bad or corrupt frames starting at the point where the video stops/freezes. I've tried using the avifix thing, but it wouldn't do anything for me. If you find out how to fix this problem, please let me know. I'm still trying to figure it out.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Is this A dvd or an avi file??

4. Cheery

Cheery Guest

Mine is an avi file (downloaded from net). I got it to convert in tmpgenc (after using the avifixed thing), but now the audio goes out of sync starting at the point where it was freezing. I've got the movie converted up to that point and saved it, now I'm trying to figure out how to fix the audio sync problem for the rest of it using the source range option. I thought maybe I could fix the last part and then merge the two together. Any suggestions on how to figure out what number to enter for audio gap (msec)? It's about 2 or 3 seconds off (counting to myself), but it seems no matter what I enter it doesn't help (either makes it too far behind or too far ahead).

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Why dont you open the avi in virtualdub and make a selection of the bad frames (with the last 2 buttons on the line of buttons) and click edit - delete frames. then click video - direct stream copy, click audio - direct stream copy and click file - save avi and save it as a different avi. You should check to make sure the audio is still in sync in this avi because it sometimes falls out when you use VirtualDUB to delete frames!