1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Game Burning Noob here

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Buddhaman, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Member

Hello everyone, I've been Burning DVD's for a while now and I would like to start burning PS2 Games. However, I have no clue how to do this. Could someone please explain to me how to do it? Do I need a Mod chip? Do I need special software? here's what I have now
    DVD Shrink
    DVD Decrypter
    Nero Burn

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
    Thank You

2. Doulley

Doulley Guest

k get a modchip dont get swap disk sure ur ps2 warrenty is pull off if u use mod chip but swap disk burns out laser and sure if ur ps2's laser is burnt u can send to sony for them to fix it at the same price u could buy a new one so get a modchip and then install it. now as far as burning u need dvd decrypter to do this really easy i can even use it now all u gotta do is put ur ps2 disk in and press on the options thing ISO read then it will back that file (mds file or sumthing )along with ur iso then u click menu to do Iso Write and writ file to dvd easy as that yes all ps2 games will fit on dvd except for gt4 but thhey will find a way if u have any other questions leave em here and ill get back to them. p.s what ps2 version do u have?

3. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Member

I have the new Slim PS2. What mod chip should I get? Where can I get it from? And how do I install it? Thx for help.

4. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  5. Iceboie

Iceboie Guest

Why not just wait for the USBExtreme, mainly created for the PStwo?

6. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Member

when is that coming out?

7. Kntry36

Kntry36 Member

If you go the Mod Chip route, You will have to solder the Mod Chip in your PS2 which is extremely difficult and time comsuming and very risky if you've never soldered a ps2 before I would not reccomend you doing it yourself if your new at soldering you need to find someone in the area where you live and get it professionly done so you dont fu*k up your system

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yes and no to your question about the mod chip install. If you have any past soldering experience, then the install will be somewhat easy. If it is your first time, then it will be a little bit more difficult.

Check out this soldering site for beginners, http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/solder.htm

I would highly suggest not modding your new slimline ps2, especially since you are a beginner. The reason I say this is because there is a high chance of your laser getting messed up after installing the chip. There is a way to install the chip without messing up the laser, it is referred to as the resister fix and I have never actually tried this before. Many sites who sell pre-modded systems do not even mess with the new ps2's, because the chance of the laser going out is so high.

If you want to put a chip into a ps2, think about getting an older one, a v1-10 on ebay would be nice and cheap.

Buddhaman, check out this site http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/

9. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Member

actually that USB Extreme looks real cool and for $28.00 bucks I think thats my best bet.

10. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Member

hrm, upon further reading it only lets me play games from a USB HDD. I want to actually play Burned Games. And I have no soldering experiance. maybe modding is not a good idea.

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Modding the newest version ps2 is not a good idea if you ask me. And yeah, USB extreme will only allow you to play games off of a hard drive, which on the good side increases loading times by a lot! The downside is you still need to use some type of swap method or have a mod chip installed to get the games onto the hard drive. Also, there are quite a few games that are not compatible with ps2 hard drives. You best bet would be to buy a refurbished pre-modified system from http://www.steelcityelectronics.com/

When on the site, look under the bargains link and it shows that you can buy a refurbished v7 ps2 that comes with a chip and has a warranty for $170. This also comes with 1 controller, hookups, and has free shipping. This site is very credible, and I know this because my friends and I have ordered from this guy before and he does some great work!

12. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Member

yea but i just bought my pstwo today for 150, i can't go spend another 170 on another ps2

13. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Member

Actually they have an option where i can send out my PS2 to them and thye will install the chip for me.

14. Kntry36

Kntry36 Member

if you send out to someone off a site make sure they are legit and have some type of feedback from others purchasers who've went the route

15. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

check this site out http://www.hdadvance.com/index.htm the usb extreme is on it. the external hd is formated using the pc and its dead simple, all your games are loaded through the pc and there is one disk used for loading the games off the hd when in the PStwo.