1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video heatsink

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Mufasa33, May 1, 2004.

1. Mufasa33

Mufasa33 Member

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I cant tell you for certain but I would suggest (if you are adamant on getting the GFX5200) to buy that card, measure the fan and compare it to the measurements of the addon fan you want to get. Some notes:

1. I think the Thermaltake GeForce4 fan might work, but you'd have to check the position of the mounts to be sure. I had a GFX5200 once but not for long (<4 hours) so I dont honestly remember

2. The GFX5200 is really not that good a card. Like i mean, it's an excellent budget card but in many cases the GeForce4MX beats it. If you want a budget card, I would reccomend you get any of the GeForce4Ti cards instead unless you absolutely require DX9 hardware support. If you want to go forward rather than backwards, might i suggest the GFX5600: an excellent balance of power and pricing. This is especially true given that the GF6 is going to be hitting the consumer market by June. If possible, wait a month or so and compare again when prices have settled down.

3. The GFX5200 really doesnt need the cooling (which says something about the performance of the card as well). It will get hot yes (rather, warm), but not dangerously so by any means. Heck I just put a PCI Exhaust cooler and the thing was fine. If you want to get the PCI Slot cooler (the one with the two fans) then that is more than adequate for the GFX5200. See the "Offfical Cooling Thread" for more info ;)

:)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    480GB [3x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.addictz.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: May 1, 2004
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I have a custom made gravity-fed ice cube hopper on my vid card. They're $29.95 if anyone wants one and come with a lifetime guarantee along with a free USB toothbrush.