1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by mr.mr, Oct 24, 2003.

1. mr.mr

mr.mr Member

ok i have dl some videos of a site
    they are all RMVB files
    i DL real player 8 some of them worked but some still did not work
    the ones that did owrk changed to RM files
    the ones that didnt stayed RMVB.
    then it said it needed some other codecs or somthing so i DL them and it installed real one for me
    then i try and open the ones that did not work it opend it and then just froze for a bit and then the program closed
    and even the ones that did work do now work
    the file is now a Real Media VBR

how do i fix this problem??

2. TuneOut

TuneOut Guest

I'm not sure what Real Media VBR is, but have you tried going into the Real Player's options and deselecting all the file types that it should play? I downloaded Nimo Codec Pack and it took care of a lot of the problems that I had. Hope this helps some.

nimo.everwicked.com/

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

For a complete listing of almost every codec required to watch a movie and the order to install them in... pay a visit to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/48608

I dunno about Real codecs... i think i saw a bunch floating around. that might help if you googled around.

4. shabbir

shabbir Member

In media player 6.4, it is playing VOB files for windows 2000. But I want to play .VOB files in media player 9 latest. Any one help me on this. In mdeia player 6.4, when i used codic that is (http://www.digital-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/VOB_Filters_104.zip), then it is working fine. But it is not working for media player 9. Any idea about this.