1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video is echoing on psp

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by totenkoph, Apr 24, 2007.

1. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

ok so i converted my movie from avi format to PSP M-Peg4 Video (368x208) and put it on my psp, then i watched. Only problem was that when i was watching it the video was echoing.... this is hard to explain but basically when like there faces would move up and down you could see like this trail it would leave behind, sorta like when you have one of those glowsticks and it has a glow around it.... LOL you guys are prolly like wtf?!!??

anyway if anyone knows what im talking about a solution would be great. thanks, ian

2. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

anyone else had this problem? I think people have had the problem but cant really describe it.

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

What your referring to is a known cause in encoded PSP movies, is called "ghosting".
    Using an app called Avi Synth Script, you can add hue, saturation, and brightness to eliminate the ghosting from your movies.
    What is your firmware version, and why your encoding to that res is another question?

4. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

thanks ill dl the program tonight, is there any settings that are best used or does it perform these tasks automatically? and i have 3.30 FW version so i cannot use AVC mpeg-4 movies :( but on my psp converter i just set it to one of the three settings one being the one i currently use, the other one being 368x192 i believe and the third setting i could use would be regular mpeg-4 settings with you able to change whatever you want ( you cant change other settings with the first two choices, since they are pre-set)

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

You can use AVC and you can encode to 480x272 res.
    Reading your post, i dont think you are familiar with avi synth and it can cause you alot of headaches if you dont know what your doing.
    I suggest this Xvid4PSP read it throughly as you might need certain progs installed for this to work.
    Any problems at all gimme ashout. ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007