1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video is narrower

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Hunter007, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I'm not sure if this is in the right section of the forum and if it isn't accept my apoligies.

Ok, now I have an avi file and it's in widescreen. I've tried to encode it to VCD with TMPGEnc, but the video goes to fullscreen and the picture gets too narrow to enjoy watching it. I coulnd't find this in any other posts, so if anyone can find one or can help with my problem it would be much appreciated. I want to make it so that the video either stays in widescreen, or becomes normal._X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD ROM
    52x CD-RW
    Pentium 4 1.8ghz
    80 gig hard drive 7200 rpm(2x40 gigs)
    Nvidea 128 mb GeForce 4 Ti[/small]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

3. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I will stop this at once, as I do not want my account frozen, but many questions related to avi to vcd have been asked. I haven't had a chance to edit my post, before it was answered. It was supposed to be an avi file that I ripped from a DVD in widescreen format. Well it was a vob file but was then encoded into avi. Now I want it to be encoded into vcd. If this is still violating the forum rules please PM me letting me know this and I will stop asking questions relating to this.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

In Tmpgenc if you go to "Video Arrange Method" and set it to "Full Screen (Keep aspect ratio)" it should display your Movie in Full screen but still keep it"s Original Aspect ratio...If you do not like the way it looks you can try the other settings or better yet you get a Lot more controll over these aspects of the Image by adjusting the "Clip Frame" settings in the "Advanced Setings"...Cheers