1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video lag / a/v sync problem? Looking for solutions?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Headborg, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

I got this music video i'm working on. And this problem is really starting to piss me off. The video plays fine in Premiere Pro...it renders fine for preview...and i can even export the video to an uncompressed AVI....and it plays fine. Now, the beginning of this video( title sequence + the opening couple clips are pretty 'heavy' weighted with effects) When I encode it to mpeg-2 is where it goes to crap! The beginning keeps Lagging behind....enough to throw off the whole sync/ timing with the music. I've been encoding it to CBR...but, I'm beginning to think maybe using VBR might help? Any other suggestions on how to fix this....I'm tried Tmpegenc, CCE, and the MainConcept encoder built into Premiere Pro. The resulting mpeg is always the same...I've burned the video with DVD_LABPro 2 and so far I got 6 coasters for my trouble.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Load AVI with MediaInfo and see (mode to view informaton ---> text) if the audio is interleaved with a certain delay (that is: sound is X ms delayed but when you play it, the player resync the movie).
    If so, you must take the delay during DVD authoring (original DVDs have almost always the audio delayed with respect to the video).

3. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

ok, thnk u...but, i don't think this is part of the problem...i didn't do a very good job explaining....the problem is entirely in the video...you can actually see the mpeg-2 hang up...in spots...mainly in the opening scene/clip where I'm scaling up a clip from about 25% to full screen.....it hangs during the effect. and causes the remaining video to be out sync with the music track. I've scanned it with virtualdub and there's no errors, bad frames. I'm without a stand alone player and can only view it on computer WinDVD...but it hangs up everytime....when I write the movie to dvd with menu + 4 different audio
    tracks( pcm, dolby 5.1, dolby 2-channel, DTS. I don't know...one of the motion menu's is 10000 kbps, another is 5600 kbps, and the movie is 8000 kbps. I'm gonna run another test burn...just the movie no menu and see if it hangs up.