1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved video lag after recovery

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Zhi.Zed, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Zhi.Zed

Zhi.Zed Member

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with a .mp4 file, the sound plays at a normal rate, but the video is extremely slow: for about 50min. of sound, there is 3h10min. of video.
    The file was created on a Windows phone, Lumia 620 to be specific, and it was corrupted/unplayable when I copied it from the device (not sure why, maybe a length issue?). I managed to recover it with GS video repair, it's playable on GOM and Windows media player, but now I have a file with a huge video delay...
    Any ideas on how to fix this? Please let me know if you need additional specs.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Zhi.Zed

Zhi.Zed Member

Ok, I did that, thanks for the tip. The one I'm trying to fix has 7.692 fps, while the normal one has 30.
    I tried fixing it in Xilisoft, setting the frame rate to 30 fps, but it blocks at 26% and shows crazy figures in the "time left" field... What other converters would you reccomend?

4. attar

attar Senior member

If you're familiar with MkvMerge, try loading the source, highlight the video stream and set the FPS to the desired value.
    It re-writes the header without re-encoding.

Clipboard01.

Zhi.Zed likes this.
  5. Zhi.Zed

Zhi.Zed Member

Great, it worked! Thank you so much for the help :)