1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video looping and menu problems in NeroVision Express 3.0.1.14

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by leerc, Dec 8, 2004.

1. leerc

leerc Member

[bold]problem[/bold]: I can't get a usable dvd out of NeroVision. I seem to have a choice of 1 of 2 problems. 1) If the "smart encoding" check box is checked, the dvd will have a few minutes of looped/repeated video towards the end. (Note: the audio doesn't loop, just the video) After this loop, the video and audio are out of sync by minutes.
    2) If the "smart encoding" check box is NOT checked, the menu chapters towards the end of the dvd will be not be at the correct place. The first chapters take me to the corret place. Later chapters (after about chapter 15) take me to the wrong place in the video.

These problems do not show up in the preview step. Several of my projects have this issue.

[bold]version of NeroVision Express[/bold]: 3.0.1.14 (updated dec 3)

[bold]What I am trying to do[/bold]: I am moving family movies on vhs to dvd. I captured the video to mpeg using nerovision. I then created a project, did a little trimming of the video files, created chapters and menus then burned (to a directory, I've learned my lesson).

Anyone know a work around? Would I encounter fewer nero bugs if I captured to dv instead of mpeg?

2. pescobar

pescobar Member

I have seen the same problem. Is anyone from Ahead reading this?

3. leerc

leerc Member

I don't get either problem going from dv / avi to dvd, so I guess that's one work around. The previous version of NeroVision did not have this particular mpeg problem (it had a different problem).

Of course that means I have to recapture all the video I captured as mpeg (16 hrs worth) :(

4. leerc

leerc Member

In case anyone cares, the previous version of Nero has the same problem with the mpeg file I am trying to burn (problem #2). I wonder if it is related to dropped frames or something. Oh well.