1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video not showing correct aspect ratio - always full screen

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ratsafterdawn, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ratsafterdawn

ratsafterdawn Member

Hi,

I've been using my media PC for about 2 years to watch movies with no problems. However a couple of days ago for some unknown reason almost all my videos are not showing with their correct aspect ratios. The videos show in full screen i.e. the picture takes up the whole screen rather than widescreen with black borders.

Initially I thought I'd accidentally unchecked or checked a setting somewhere in media player classic but when I opened the vids in Media Player and Winamp I got the same problem. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled MPC, FFDShow and all the other codecs I could find on my comp but still getting the same problem. I also went into FFDShow and tried resetting all the options. Again no luck. :-(

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. ratsafterdawn

ratsafterdawn Member

Hi, thanks for your reply but this is not the problem I'm getting. The link you've posted is for black borders being added around the video. In my case the picture fills up the whole screen rather than maintaining the letterbox look i.e. widescreen with black borders on the top and bottom.