1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Playback stuttering

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by DavGerm4, May 15, 2013.

1. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

So I just built a new machine, that has a Blu-Ray drive in it, and everything was working fine for a bit, but now the video stutters; volume cutting out. No matter what I play on Blu-Ray, it always stutters and glitches out. I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVD and have tried other players, and get the same result?

To me it sounds like the drive isn't spinning fast enough, but I really don't know...

Here's the model of my Drive: LG Black 12X Blu-ray Combo Drive SATA Model UH12NS29

Any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate it!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If your playing it from the drive,rip the dvd to hdd instead then attempt to play from there,this will ascertain if the drive is at fault or something else

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

What can I use to rip a blu-ray from the drive? Also, do I need to have a Blu-Ray Burner, or will just a reader work?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

the drive only needs to read the dvd ,dvdfab hd decrypter should be able to rip it

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

could try the drive on a friend's computer to see if does same thing? onboard video or videocard?

6. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I have onboard video, but I use a Video Card with my setup. It's a GeForce 650 Ti.

7. ddp

try the drive on another computer to see if still stutters with blu-ray. i presume it does not stutter with a dvd disk?

8. rockker14

rockker14 Member

Hi guys

downloaded the new iTunes 7.0.1.8 and i am having problems with video playback. i have over 40 gigs worth of videos in my iTunes library and the video, not the audio (the audio and songs play fine), but the video stutters. almost like they are being played at 5 fps. its hard to watch cause its skipping around so much.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  9. ddp

rockker14, start your own thread as hijacking another member's thread is a forum rule no no. include in your post besides the problem you are having your system specs with either onboard video or a videocard.