1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Problem - black screen

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by zedzed, Jan 26, 2004.

1. zedzed

zedzed Guest

I got my XBox modded with the Xecuter Pro 2.3 and played with the Xbox over the weekend and everything worked great!

Then on Sunday night I started to play with the media player. When using it I noticed that content was "off the screen" and so I did the calibration test and it was still off so I went into the video settings and found that the screen size was set to 16x9 (in the media player settings).

I changed the setting to 4x3 and don't think that I touched anything else. The screen flickered for a bit and the image was now cetered properly on the screen. The NTSC was still left on NTSC (M or J - can't remember)

I rebooted the Xbox with a DVD full of MP3s and after that I never got the video up and running ever again. All I get is a black screen - even if the mod chip is turned off.

Have you seen this problem before?
    How can I fix it?

Zed

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Try to get your hands on Enigmah-X as it's a NTSC / PAL changer (I know you said it stayed on NTSC but it's woth a try). When you've burn it boot your xbox with it (Maybe it will take 2-3 times before it will read the disc) wait for 60 seconds, press B and then turn off the xbox and reboot without the CD... if it was your problem then it will be ok

3. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

After trying what Mike said, if you can't get an xbox screen at all, then when it has booted can you FTP into it? If so replace your INI files with your last backup. Or if it is only the medi player that the screen fails for then try reinstalling that.

I had a similar problem and it was just i had accidentally knocked the switches to a not on not off limbo position, worth a quick look.

4. zedzed

zedzed Guest

Enigmah-X fixed the problem
    Working like a charm

Thanks for all the help!

Zed