1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video problems caused by smd's?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by asinine, Jan 18, 2004.

1. asinine

asinine Guest

I need to know if anyone else has had this problem before, I use smd's and a slide-card to boot my games and I have three games that work perfectly.

but now with every new game I burn off,irregardless of how I do it, nothing works. games I burnt using alcohol 120% dont work period whereas the ones done in nero load but they play with a tracking problem like old vcrs have where the frame skips up and down on its track(i think it's called jumping).

its a really odd video problem for a ps2 to have so I need to know if anyone else has seen it before or knows what causes it.

2. atm1986

atm1986 Member

its because of the dvd brand and burning speed you are using i had the same problem with MOH:Rising Sun,Die Hard:Vendetta and many other games. it will be recommened to use brands like TDK,Verbatim they are the best.
    important:
    you should burn your games at the slowest speed possible like 1x!
    if this isnt fixing your problem maybe your ps2 lens is the problem
    have you the same problems with original games?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  3. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

atm, have you had any problems using TDK DVD-Rs, because the CG cut-scenes on my Silent Hill 2 backup are choppy. The original disc had a small ring of dust around the edge of it, so could that have been a problem when I read it to an image file?

4. asinine

asinine Guest

all my store-bought games work fine and like I said I have three burns that still work...your probably right about the burning speed,though. on the next one I make I'll try it at 1x and see if that helps. I use memorex, not really sure if its a good brand or not I havent had any problems with dvd movies I've made.

5. atm1986

atm1986 Member

@M8trix TDK is a good brand i have no broblems with it. have you cleaned the dvd-r after burning? even when there is no dirt or dust or fingerprints on it clean the dvd after burning this will fix it -it helped me, too.
    keep in mind burn your games at 1x this will prevent problems sure it is possible to burn games at 2x but for the best result you should burn at 1x!

@asinine memorex is crap, its dirt, its sh.. don't use it anymore this brand is the worst i have ever seen. no other brand causes so many problems with ps2 games than memorex.
    use TDK or Verbatim maybe they cost a little bit more but they are worth it.