1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Problems please help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by prutsos, Apr 26, 2012.

1. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

Ok I have been having the worst luck ever with my computer I had a HP computer that I bought from office max that was good to me but I wanted 3 screens running so I bought a

IGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity from newegg

it worked for a while then all of a sudden it would freeze then when I restarted the computer I could not get any video signal even if I plugged into the motherboard video.

I thought it was because I didnt have a big enough power supply so I got a 600w power supply the graphics card said it needed only a 500w power supply

still no help

so I thought mabey it was crappy hp machine

so I made a custom computer

then installed the same graphics card and everything worked for 20 min and then the same thing happened again

now I had to reset the bios to get the onboard graphics for the custom computer but now it wont load into windows

I dont know whats going on

2. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

also I finally reset the bios on the custom computer waited 30 min and the video came back up but it wont boot into windows then I restarted it again and now no video

I never even put the card back into the machine

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

possibility that card took out both motherboards.

4. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

ok but the video comes in and out like I had it working after 30 min of trying