1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video quality, media or shrink???

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by laddoo, Feb 12, 2005.

1. laddoo

laddoo Member

Whats up y'all.....
    I've burned a few dvds snatch, gangs of new york, and lord of the rings.. I used memorex dvd-r media for all, but after reading the forums I learned that maxell is one of the best... the first dvd I burned was lord of the ring using decrypter and roxio, without the menus, and burned the other two using decrypter to decrypt and shrink to get the menus and burn, I was totally impressed by the clarity on the lord of the rings as opposed to the other 2 dvds.. any suggestions, or am I doing somthing wrong??

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

The blank media,burn speed and compression ratio all have an effect on the quality of the picture.Also using the deep analysis and quality enhancements in Shrink can give you a better picture.Memorex is not the best media because they outsource to a number of manufactuers.Try burning at 4x and do movie only if you want to use the least amount of compression.

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

This is a media issue so you should post in that section. I would not recommend Maxell myself. Try using Ritek.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

In reference to software used, while in DVD Shrink, use custom compression for everything except the main movie. Also un-tick all foreign audio except English, in all categories. This will give you everything with the best compression possible for a full backup.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i only ever do 'movie only' to keep the compression as good as poss. i would say its compression thats giving a lack of clarity, not the media itself, though as i've found to my cost, don't use crap media.