1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video quality ?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Smack, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Smack

Smack Guest

i made a back up of a dvd, i finally got the audio in sync buy now at the begining of the movie the quality is amazingly good, then half way threw the quality looks very bad , like a vhs rip or something , then it goes back to very good about 3 quarters of the way threw the movie. then at the end it is back to very bad quality.... the only thing i can think that is doint this is trying to strech the movie to 3 cd's. would that be my problem ??????

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Any applications running in the encode process? Disable screen saver and antivuris. I disable ALL aplications while in the encode process.
    Is the video playback doing this from the hd, or from a cd-r(w)? Burn at 4x (if you haven't burned).

Shoey

3. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I'm not sure what format you are working with since you didn't specify but if you converted the DVD to AVI I'd also check the credits tab when you encoded it. It sounds possible you had it setup to use a lower bitrate for the credits but maybe the frames range was wrong? If you're unsure just disable the credits all together.