1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO RECORDER TO COMPUTOR

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by UDO, Feb 9, 2004.

1. UDO

UDO Member

I HAVE GOT A PENTIUM4 2.4GHZ.WHEN I RECORD TO THE COMP IT MAKES AN AVI FILE.BUT WHEN I PLAY THE AVI FILE ON WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER,THERE IS A WHITE BAR ACROSS THE SCREEN.I USE THE GEFORCE4 TI4200 NVIDIA CUPTURING CARD.I HAVE GOT A PHOTO WHICH I CAN E-MAIL TO SOMEONE IF HE NEEDS IT.

2. kemosobby

kemosobby Member

3. UDO

UDO Member

IF I MAKE THE AVI FILE FROM DV THEN THE PLAYER WORKS FINE.IT IS ONLY FROM THE VCR THAT IT DOES THE BAR.EVEN IF YOU LOOK IN EXPLORER THEN YOU CAN ALREADY SEE THE WHITE BAR.WITHOUT PLAYING IT.ABOUT THE CODEC,I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT.

4. kemosobby

kemosobby Member

hmmm, that's sounding like somethings wrong with the connection. Like the actual composite connection, or cable. You might try another cable from the vcr and see, to try and narrow it down some. And be sure the input is set right on the capture card.

5. UDO

UDO Member

I HAVE EVEN TRIED ANOTHER VCR WITH ANOTHER WIRE.STILL DID NOT WORK.ALL THE CAPTURE SETTINGS LOOK RIGHT 25 FRAMES PER SEC FOR SOUTH AFRICA,352 X 288 RATIO.IT MUST BE SOMEKIND OF DRIVER.I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST WDM DRIVER FOR XP,BUT NOTHING.

6. eddieb

eddieb Guest

How thick is the white bar?
    If it is thin then this is normal and will not show up if the avi is converted to dvd and played on standalone dvd players.

7. UDO

UDO Member

I HAVE GOT A SNAPSHOT OF IT WHICH I CAN MAIL OR PUT ON THE NET BUT I DON'T KNOW WERE TO PUT IT SO THAT PEOPLE CAN SEE IT.

8. UDO

UDO Member

I'VE GOT IT, I'VE GOT IT.THE NEWER DRIVER HAS GOT MACROVISION PROTECTION ON.IT LOOKS LIKE THE MANUFACTURERES WAS FORCED TO PUT IT ON.ANYWAY I DOWNLOADED THE OLD V1.08 FROM NVIDIA'S SITE.IT IS SOMETHING WITH A CINEMA IN IT.I REMOVED THE OLD DRIVER AND INSTALLED THE OLD ONE AND WALA IT WORKED.THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS
    BEST REGARD