1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Ripper Software That Makes One File

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by systemcat, May 1, 2011.

1. systemcat

systemcat Member

I'm wondering if there are any DVD rippers out there that will take a DVD's contents and rip it into a single video file. Not DVD Magic please. That's the only program I know of but I have a low opinion of the quality of video it generates & how overly picky it is over what DVDs it will accept. My OS is Windows 7 and I'd prefer freeware suggestions.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The quality is directly associated with how much compression is required for you to fit on a single std dvd,if you insist on not editing & removing the junk or at the minimum not splitting over two dvd's then quality will be crap.Ok single file i think dvdfab can rip & place files into a iso container on the fly including mkv,iso & mkv are the only two i know of where menu can be kept intact.DVD quality is also important verbatim with AZO on the packaging if you want a decent dvd

another freebie it's also on AD's home page however there are no reviews on it however cnet has one review
    http://download.cnet.com/Free-Studio/3000-2170_4-205258.html#rateit

Last edited: May 1, 2011