1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Slow and Choppy

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by swpkigy, Apr 21, 2005.

1. swpkigy

swpkigy Member

I recently installed Adobe Premiere 1.5 and it worked INCREDIBLY slow so I finally uninstalled it. I boot up my computer the next time all the video configurations are messed up. I run System Restore everything works fine. I uninstalled Omega Drivers for my ATI Radeon 9250 and put ATI's drivers on. Everything is fine now, except: my computer runs VERY VERY slow, my video playback is choppy and sometimes the audio doesn't match up with the video. None of this happened before this install. I also installed a host of StartUp and System Cleaners to try and speed up my computer, nothing worked.

Here's my specs:

Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    1Gig Ram
    ATI Radeon 9250 (up-to-date default drivers)

When I run videos the Task Manger says I have 600,000 MB of RAM free. I also closed out all programs, it's still choppy. Anyone have any solutions or tips? Thanks in advance.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That program is exactly why I have the PC listed in my signature. Your PC does not really have the CPU HP to handle Premiere. Adobe will give you some unrealistic weenie minimum specs but good luck trying to run with those. The worse part of it is that the program will freeze up at usually the most critical part of what you are doing. Dragging things around on the timeline would lock up the thing and I'd have to reboot the system by shutting off the power.

My previous PC was a Sony VAIO with a 2.53 CPU and 1 gig of RAM. It is still running fine as long as I don't try running Premiere on it. I did what you did, used the Add/Remove Programs then I did a system restore and ran PC Mechanic to sort out the registry. that got it back up to its former speed.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  3. swpkigy

swpkigy Member

Yeah, I just cleared a whole bunch of stuff out. Premeire runs slower than AutoCad.. Damn. Thanks anyways.