1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video sound loud and quiet

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by akira247, Jul 25, 2007.

1. akira247

akira247 Member

ive got 2 avi movies,the sound on them when it gets to an Action bit is real loud,but when it gets to a talking bit its too quiet,is there any way to level the sound out, i can convert movie-sound into which ever format,just thought there might be a tool which will do all in one..any help cheers,

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

They would most likely be using the original DVD AC3 track. AC3 has a large dynamic range and is supposed to sound like that. Your AC3 decoder should have a DRC setting, maybe also boost, normalisation, etc. settings.

3. akira247

akira247 Member

if i adjust these settings,when i put it onto dvd would the sound be leveled out,not as it was

4. akira247

akira247 Member

just found this in the K-Lite Codec info
    The audio volume is really low
    A: This is a common problem that is usually caused by the downmixing of 5.1 channel audio to stereo. Possible solutions:

* Select the correct speaker setup during the installation of the K-Lite Codec Pack. You can do that on the "select additional tasks" page of the installer.

* If you are using AC3Filter to decode AC3 or DTS audio, then go to it's configuration screen and select the correct speaker setup.

* If you are using AC3Filter to decode AC3 or DTS audio, then try the "Boost AC3 volume" tweak. You can enable that using the Codec Tweak Tool. This tweak should increase the volume of the voices/dialogs.

* If you are using ffdshow to decode the audio, then go to "ffdshow audio configuration". Enable 'Mixer' in the left panel. On the Mixer page, select the correct speaker setup.

* If you are using ffdshow to decode the audio, then go to "ffdshow audio configuration". Enable 'Volume' in the left panel.

is this what would i have to try,and if so would the sound be srt once on dvd? cheers

5. akira247

akira247 Member

6. akira247

akira247 Member

Fixed it sounds great,took sound off with virtualDubMod,ran it through program to normalize,i used DbPower Amp converter,just found,then put it all back in VirtualDubMod and disabled original audio.took 10 mins and fixed all high and lows.might be an easier way.but it will do me cheers