1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Speeds ahead of audio?!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Drifter22, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Drifter22

Drifter22 Member

Argh! I keep running into so many problems. Like I said if you have been following my other post, everything started out FINE! Just PERFECT! I've been burning a series onto DVDs, and episodes 1-12 worked PERFECTLY! Not a single problem. Then all of a sudden things are coming up all wierd. Allright, so I'll cut to the chase. I got really annoyed with TMPGEnc, because after messing around with it I finally got it back to how it used to be, but now I have run into yet another problem. No matter what AVI I try to convert to MPEG, no matter how I go about either decompressing the audio with virtualdub, or extracting it from the AVI itself to convert into an MP2 with BeSweet, I get the same results: The VIDEO speeds WAY ahead of the audio after its converted to MPEG-2!!! Its not a problem with the files, otherwise why would they all be like that, especially after I SUCCESSFULLY burned 11 onto DVDs already! I tried other videos too. It seems that no matter what I convert into mpeg, no matter what program I use (I tried TMPGEnc AND WinAVI).
    Now, I'm a really big newb to this kind of stuff, but I have a little theory. Earlier I was trying to help my friend succeed in playing MPEG-2 files on his computer. I downloaded a few codecs and stuff needed in order to play MPEG-2 files so I could send it to him over MSN. Now, I actually installed a few of these things on my system. I have no idea what the hell I was thinking, probobly just trying to get a head start and be able to walk him through it. (Visual self-taught learner here x_X) Now, since I was already able to play MPEG-2 files on my computer, I wonder if the codec (and some splitter I downloaded) might be working in unison with my original codec, causing a boost in video speed. I know its a really stupid theory, but its all I got, because I have no idea what I'm doing as you can see. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

2. Drifter22

Drifter22 Member

Holy long posts Batman o_O (no there was no signifigance to my post, just letting off a little stress that this stuffs been giving me LOL)

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If the video of the AVI was in-sync, if you made the VirtualDub's check and the 'uncompression trick' explained in 1) of http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217, the only thing I can imagine is that, if you watch the video when the sound is in-sync, at a certain point the video can be seen it's corrrupted an, from that point, the sound is non in-sync of a constant rate.
    You can do quickly this check: uncompress the audio from than AVI with VirtualDub and then try to open the WAV with EAC.
    It shouldn't be able to open it, because it find 'a non-standard WAV' (i.e. a corrupted one).
    If this is the case, you apply the tryck explained in my 'sticky' thread, 3) of http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 , if you manage to open there's no corruption point and I cannot imagine why the un-sync happens.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  4. Drifter22

Drifter22 Member

There is NO way that ALL my AVIs on my computer are corrupt. See, it happens no matter what video I try. No matter what I do. No matter which program I encode it with.