1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video streched horizontal on whole screen, help using DVD-Lab

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by speedman, Sep 5, 2004.

1. speedman

speedman Member

hi all!
    heres the problem:
    i have m2v. movie file of 4GB that i took from my video camera, but the problem is that i selected an option on camera to record in Widescreen, and now when i have it on my PC, when i play that video file(m2v.) it's all over the screen(like when you select option in BsPlayer 'panscan'), video is streched verticaly and doesn't have does black parts up and down the screen like it DVD movies(i hope you get this i dont know the names of video files, sry). I know i can fix that with TmegEnc but the size is huge and it will took a lot of time.
    On my camera i dont have that video anymore so i cant put it on PC in avi. format for further encoding...
    I want to make DVD menu that will play on DVDs in DVD-lab, so i ask if you maybe know that there is a option or something to 'unstrech' that video file, NTSC - PAL options or something, pls help THX

2. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

if you create a DVD from it then can you not set it to letterbox mode to add the black bars via DVDLAB or modify the IFO afterwards to letterbox?

I haven't a clue really but this is what I would try

I know the VOB's also contain the aspect ratio info in the Video Pack's

3. speedman

speedman Member

i burned the movie on the DVD(RW thanks to god) and it won't even play, dammit! i tryed even bakup one of my original DVD's(that i bought in the store;)) using VobEdit06 and again the same thing - the size of video is 704/540, but i won't 704/480 with the black bars!!

do you maybe have some idea how to set video size in vobedit(thats the earlier part of the whole job)

im really getting lost in this whole procedure of making my own DVDmenu THX

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can not make a DVD with a 704+540 resolution...
    the Mpeg2 file has to be 720+480 for NTSC or 720+576 for Pal....
    To make the 704+540 File into a DVD Compliant Mpeg2 file you will have to re-encode the Video and you can re-encode any Format files....

5. speedman

speedman Member

sry i ment 720+480 not 704 sry! so, how can i manualy set what size do i want when ripping DVD to HDD and i want the file to be m2v. like in Vobedit06 or somewhere else?

does maybe programs for ripping DVD have that option, like in TmegEnc when you encode, you can manualy set allmost everything

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can"t set the Resolution while Ripping because Ripping is just the Transfer of the Video Data on the DVD to your Hard drive ...

You can Rip a DVD as a M2V and an AC3 audio file, Both SmartRipper and DVD Decryptor have this Option...