1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video-ts help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by latina227, Feb 19, 2007.

1. latina227

latina227 Member

hi i have been trying t copy this movie and it won't let me this is what it say
    video-ts/video-ts info unable to open file
    video-ts/video-ts info 87

how can I correct this problem

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

what movie? what program are you using? is the dvd is good shape? not scratched? need lots more info

3. latina227

latina227 Member

1 I REALLY NEED HELP HERE i AM HAVING A MAJOR PROBLEM HERE WE GO ..
    I PUT THE MOVIE IN MY DVD DRIVE IT WON’T READ IT ..THEN I GO IN DVDCLONE THE FILE IS THERE ON THE DRIVE WHEN I GO A PRESSIT IT STATES VIDEO/TS VIDEO/TS IFO 87 UNABLE TO READ

NOW I GRAB ONE OF MTY OTHER MOVIE AND IT SHOWS ON THE DRIVE IT’S THERE WITH NO PROBLEM DO THEY HAVE A CODE THAT YOU CANNOT NO LONGER BURN DVD IT SEEMS TO ME THEY DO CAUSE I DID GET A COUPLE OF MOVIES LIKE THAT THE ABOVE PROBLEM CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE ! SO THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THE VIDEO-TS IFO UNABLE TO READ !!!!! AND THE MOVIE WILL NOT SHOW UP ON MY DRIVE I KNOW THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY DVD CAUSE WHEN I DO IT WITH ANOTHER MOVIE NO PROBLEMS. IT ONLY HAPPENS WITH SOME OF THE NEW MOVIES THAT JUST CAME OUT. I HAD TRIED ALL SOFTWARE DVDILE, 1 CLICK. DVDCLONE,
    DVD REIGON, AND ANY DVD AND NOTHING ! AND I HAVE DVD SHRINK !

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

No all caps for two reasons. It's hard to read. The mods will climb all over you when they see it. It's like shouting in print and it's annoying.

That said, get RipIt4Me and learn how to use it. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html
    You appear to be encountering copy pretection your software can't cope with. There's also DVDFab Decryter (free) and AnyDVD (trialware) that work good. RipIt4Me is my personal choice. I've done a lot of the Sony, Disney, and Lionsgate releases with the heavy copy protection (Arccoss).

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

latina227, it sounds like the dvd is bad/scratched and your drive is not able to read it ,try cleaning the dvd or exchange it for another one

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

abcd is right if the DVDs are bad/dirty/scratched. If they're in ok condition and play ok but won't record, then follow directions for RipIt4Me and try that before replacing the DVD.

7. latina227

latina227 Member

na the dvd isn't bad because i git 2 new ones yesterday and everything went fine and the other 2 i was telling you about was brand new also .....................it's only a few of thenm this happens any suggestions ?

thanks

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

There are different levels of copy protection. Some DVDs are more difficult to copy. You probably need better decryption software. Try the free DVDFab Decrypter and see if that helps. I prefer RipIt4Me, but you appear to be new at making copies and it requires a little input in the setup.

Go to http://www.dvdidle.com and download the free DVDFab Decrypter.

Install DVDFab Decrypter.

Use DVDFab Decrypter to open your DVD.

Open the files created by DVDFab Decrypter (on the hard drive) with the software you use to make copies.

Use your software to make the copy.

If that appears too difficult, go to http://www.slysoft.com, download and install AnyDVD. Turn it on, red fox on taskbar, and try doing your copy.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  9. latina227

latina227 Member

na I am not a newbie I had all of the software you had mention and nothing ...................it's the new movies that are coming out only !!!!!!!!! some of them have a protection over it and some don't now I had read they are putting a new protections on the movies that no one won't be able to bypass which i doubt that but it does have to do with the video ifo files so heads up everyone cause i am already going to the crappy problem !!!!!!!!!!

no one here seem to had help but thanks anyway if you can figure this out let me know

smoochies to all of the helpers !

10. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

make sure all of the programs u have DVDFab,Ripit4ME are all the newest versions, that could be why they are not working

Oh but they did, PacMan and aabbccdd did give u great advice maybe u are just not following their advice.
    The programs Pacman and aabbccdd said will work for any DVD out there(even the newer sony dvds)
    BUT u have to know how to use them.

Like i said earlier, u can backup ANY dvd that is out(Unless its a bad press or badly scratched)

11. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

what movie's are you trying to backup..

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

latina227
    The movie industry has tried and made the copy protections more difficult and each time they've been cracked. RipIt4Me is a little bit slower but currently it has proven to be the best program available. If it is only as good as AnyDVD it wins because it's free. It is a ripper decryption tool. AnyDVD is a driver type, so they work differently.