1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO_TS changes to Video_ts lowercase

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xpro77, Jan 11, 2004.

1. xpro77

xpro77 Member

What is the best way to create a VIDEO_TS folder in win98se. I tried but after I rename it changes to lowercase Video_ts.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

xpro77,

A program doesn't change by itself if you have just created it. If you have a folder written video_ts and it is open or being used by another app. when you try to rename it, then yes, it may change back - But I wonder if I should have even risen to snap at that bait -

Let's try it from the top, OK ??

1. Let's start with what type of files are you working with ?

2. What program are you using ?

3. What files are you putting in your VIDEO_TS folder ?

4. Where are you going with your folder ?

Tell me a story, where did you begin, how have you progressed and where do you wish to end ??

"P"

3. frank48

frank48 Guest

I created a directory on "c" drive and called it "AAA" then when using DVD shrink I place it into this folder. The AAA because it is up the top of the folder list and therefore easier to find. It has always created the Video_ts subfolder for me so I don't have worries. I use Pinnacle instant copy and it always finds the video ts folder and burns straight away. I have not had much success with Nero as changing folders etc and is a bit long. Two clicks with Pinnacle instant copy and it is burning.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

OK, I see where you are going -

It would seem that no one has ever given you simple directions for using Nero. I do the same thing with folders - but where I differ is I named my folder "All DVD Work" and inside I have folders for the different programs I play with to backup DVD's - inside these folders I name my movie i.e. C:/All DVD Work/DVDShrink 3.1/Pirates of the Caribbean.

Now I may just stop there (not enough time, need DVD’s etc) and burn later – at one time I had 23 movies, setting to be burned – anyway, I needn’t wonder if I needed to do anything to them, when ever I got ‘round to ‘em they were ready to fry –

At the bottom here I put my handi-dandi can’t messem’ up with a broom directions for Nero – use em’ or abusm’ makes no nevermind Ya just might want to take a go at’em sometime –

MEANWHILE, back at the ranch –

Your “Uncle” Pete’s a-goin ta fix ya up –

I want you to mosey down this-away and download the new and improved DVDShrink 3.1 –

What’s that he’s a-sayin’ ? He wants me ta buy another free program ?”

Yep !! The New DVDShrink 3.1 – auto-tom-ically uses your existing Nero and where you used to backup to your HD – Well now it burns your disc – with NO, I say NO buttons for you to push –

Son, I say Son, Ya gots ta try dis program – Ya push de backup button and all the files are already in it – without ANY work on your part it will make a copy on your HD (in case ya wanna to save them up like me) and when it’s done doing that, without knowin’ it will burn your disc too –

I’ve got a pretty fast system but I have NEVER ripped and burned a copy in 32 minutes, start to nuts –

Without further ah-dew I’s gives ya DVDShrink 3.1 –

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

(Ooohh yea, your Nero recipe)

How to burn using Nero 6.0.
    Step by Step –
    Do not use Nero Wizard.
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that click on DVD Video. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the DVDShrink folder holding your work and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “Burn” and Baby, Scream it to me, Who’s your Daddy Now ???

Guess what my Friend ??

Go watch some TV, call your mother (It’s been awhile since she’s heard from you, don’t ya know? J) You are done !!!
    Keep all fingers and toes away from Mr. Computer. Never mess with the lady when she’s working – it would be a health thing, you understand -
    Go and have your coffee, when Nero is done she will let you know ;-))

Enjoy, “P”

5. xpro77

xpro77 Member

Thanks for the help. Perhaps I should have been more specific about my problem. My main dvd player a panasonic rp91 will not play dvd's unless the VIDEO_TS folder name is all uppercase letters . Whenever I tried to create a VIDEO_TS folder it would become Video_ts lowercase. I was able to in windows explorer/view/folder options/
    check "ALLOW ALL UPPERCASE NAMES " may sound crazy but it works...... Thanks again !

6. xpro77

xpro77 Member

Frank, From one newbie to another what steps did u take to create directory "AAA" ...Thanks for your input !

7. jonss

jonss Guest

I have recently had a similar problem with the VIDEO_TS folder and traced the source to some software that I had uninstalled, still generating a VIDEO_ts folder when not being asked. I got around the problem by physically renaming the folder VIDEO_TS before burning. I agree that this is a band aid solution but hell, it works for me.

8. frank48

frank48 Guest

Firstly Thanks to Old Man Pete and Shrink 3.1. and the instructions. I was going on dvd iso. Now working fine.
    To create a directory "AAA"
    1. start button (RIGHT CLICK) Opposite normal on mouse.
    2. Click normal on EXPLORE
    3. Find 'Local Drive C" and click ONCE on it
    4. Up to the word file top left screen and tnen "New and across to folder and click. a new folder will appear on the right had side. just type in the new name.
    I have several AAA BBB CCC for different movies I rip
    Hope this helps.

9. xpro77

xpro77 Member

That's pretty much the same method I tried. For some reason after I renamed the new folder VIDEO_TS and clicked it changed to Video_ts . Anyhow I got it to work using the method above. So far I've had great success using Decrypter and dvd shrink 3.1 .