1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video_TS files

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by CUDA, Nov 6, 2004.

1. CUDA

CUDA Member

for the first time I have a problem making a DVD that will play in my player.I've tried to burn it with shrink dvd and still won't work.and when I try to burn the video_TS files with nero it tells me unexpected file format.now I've updated nero and still have a problem....now the video_TS files play with power DVD....so I don't know whats wrong or what I have to do ? So can anyone help me figure this out please ?

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you will need to give us some more info on the actual files ,open the folder and describe all the files/extensions you have.

3. CUDA

CUDA Member

ok this is what I have: Video TS 6kb,VTS 01 0.BUP 30kb,VTS 02 0 30kb,VTS 02 2 559,918kb,Video TS.bup 6kb,VTS 01 1 1,048,574kb,VTS 02 0.bup 30kb,VTS 01 0 30kb,VTS 01 2 561,004kb,VTS 02 1 1,048,574kb. thats every thing thats in the folder.

4. CUDA

CUDA Member

I started this thread thinking that I would get a little more help ?......can anyone please help me here ? THX !

5. 67bird

67bird Guest

CLONEDVD2/ANYDVD THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER!
    67BIRD

6. CUDA

CUDA Member

lol ok I'll try that THX !

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

67bird,

Lose the CAPS and at least provide a constructive answer -

Hi CUDA,

It looks like you're missing a folder for your files. Create a folder named VIDEO_TS written exactly like that and put all of your files in there then let Nero pickup that folder.

Follow this guide -

OK zen, is everyone comfy ? Goot - its now time for - -
    "Uncle" ScubaPete's German, goose Step by goose Step, Let's burn with Nero 6 Guide -

First - Do not use Nero Wizard -
    Please follow EXACTLY -
    Vhen you open Nero Burning ROM, you vill be at zee "New Compilation" window. Directly under the title "New Compilation" is a choice block to choose either zee DVD or zee CD, choose zee "DVD". Directly under that click on zee "DVD Video Icon." Then click "New" in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT zee main screen.
    You now are in zee "DVD Video" window. In zee left screen, click "VIDEO_TS". In zee "File Browser" screen, 3rd from zee left, trace your path to zee VIDEO_TS folder, zee one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in zee right screen. Click on zee top file, hold down zee "Shift" key and then click zee bottom file thereby hi-lighting zee entire column of files. Click and (holding zee left mouse button down) drag zee entire column of files to zee open screen, second from zee left and release zee mouse button. Now click zee icon on zee task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click "OK" and now, clear zee room, stand up tall and shout out, "Burn Baby, BURN" ! One more time, let me hear you say it, "Who's your Daddy Now ???"

See how that does -

Pete

8. CUDA

CUDA Member

ok guy's I tried it but it still will not work in my player.I was talking to my friend at work and he said it might be because the format of the audio files are not compatable with what most dvd players can read. so the new question I have is how do I know what kind of format are the audio files and how do I convert them.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

CUDA,

Taking a close look at the files you have I noticed that there are no .IFO files - there are information files and you need those in oreder to make everything work.

Let's start from the beginning - where did these files come from ?
    Tell us the history of your project -

From the information we have so far, you need to run your files through IFOEdit to generate the poroper missing files -

Pete

10. CUDA

CUDA Member

Hey Pete ! THX for the advice but I got a problem in ifoedit......for the audio I got this :AUDIO 1:not specified (mpeg-1 2ch 48kbps 16bps) (ID:0xc0) then I clicked on OK and I got an error that said Failed to open for writing.....this movie was ripped by someone else and the person who it was given to asked my to back it up cause his kids kinda.....well their kids dvd's don't last long.....lol

11. CUDA

CUDA Member

ok so I've fooled around with ifoedit and a new problem has come up, now it say's : No navigation-pack found in VOB files looks like your dealing with invalid VOB files. so then I figuer I'd try clicking on the dvd play button and I it said :* 1 out of 3 DVD-video streams failed to render properly-video stream
    * No valid DVD-video volume could be found.
    so I was wondering if maybe this movie was reauthored to play in PAL or in some formate that the average north american players can't play ?

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Just a little in coming wasn't it ? We've been working our Butts off and for nothing - If there ever is a next time CUDA, don't ever think about "Playing us" again - We don't like it and I won't stand it ! !

So you want to copy a copy - Here it is, and Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out -

Since you have a copy that plays -

Here's the "Uncle" ScubaPete's, can't miss, step-by-step guide to using DVD Decrypter -

HINT:
    I always create a folder on my Desktop named " All DVD Work" and before ripping my DVD's I create another sub-folder with the name of the movie I'm backing up. (i.e. C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai Kills Bill gets Eaten Alive.)

Next - you need to download this:
    (Get your DVD Decrypter's newest version here - )
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Place your original DVD in the drive tray and close tray.

To do the backup with DVD Decrypter it's best to do it in the ISO image mode. First go to "Mode" then "ISO," then select "Read." Where it says "Source," select the drive containing your original DVD. Hopefully, this drive is your DVD-ROM drive. Using your burner to read a disc is hard on the drive. The constant starting and stopping of the drive can cause over-heating and can prematurely wear your burner out. If you have just the one drive, there's not much you can do but use it. Where it says "Destination," Browse until you find your pre-made folder (C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai Kills Bill gets Eaten Alive) and select that. Now "Click" the Disc-to-HD icon.
    Me, I'm headed out to get a cup of coffee and a cigarette but I should be back 'bout the time the ripping is done, . . . .
    When the "Reading sound" signals that the job is complete, remove your original DVD and insert your *blank DVD.

Alright, I'm back, and you didn't think I'd make it . . .Now back you go to "Mode," then "ISO" and then choose "Write". Now we go to "Source" and locate our folder where our ISO and mds file resides. Choose mds. Then, let's head to "Destination" and select our burning drive where our blank DVD disc awaits. Lastly, we "Click" the HD to disc icon

and, STAND BACK FROM THE COMPUTER !

It's too late in the game to want to make a **coaster, isn't it ?

Your PC requires more resources while it's burning than at any other time. The only other thing that requires that much of your PC's resources is the encoding of your DVD. To copy a DVD successfully it's only necessary to use a decent grade media and to let your PC do its "thing" without your interference - until we hear the "Finished tune".

When you want Guides with a dysfunctional personality, shop ScubaPete :p)

Sea Yaaaaaaaaaa

13. CUDA

CUDA Member

- thats just the thing the copy that I have never played.I thought it was because it was too scratched or damaged.so I offered to my friend to back it up because his orginal movie was distroyed(because his kids)so you wanna be aggressive thats fine with me.so thanks for being so insulting.

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

This thread should have read - I've got some files on a DVD that won't play and never had. I didn't put them there so I have no background knowledge at all of what was done or how it was done.

But not you - you just make crap up - You "played us", you made up information - you jerked our chain and you're too much of #%$$ to think wasting our time (which could have been used helping pple who really needed help) is anything but what we deserve for even being here and offering our time -

Insulting - No, I think you insulted us to the tenth degree -

Try that "lying" stuff on your "Mommy" and see if she likes it -

Children should have had better training -

15. CUDA

CUDA Member

well with a respons like that you give me no choice but to think your still a child.obviousely you don't have any kids probably cause your still too young.taking a cheap shot at me and my wife is VERY VERY CLASSLESS !!!we train our kids very well and thats something that only parents could understand. and to accuse me of playin you guy's cause I didn't word my question the way you wanted to hear it.....I thought there was a real reason for putting the tag newbie beside peoples name...but if you wanna continue insulting me then you kids should rethink how you format your forums....I came to you guy's for help and I'm being insulted cause my questions weren't writen the way you wanted them to be ?.....ok fine then I'll go to another web site......oh ya and just to let you know this was the first time I've ever asked a question in a forum....and another thing maybe you should consider putting on your home page in big bold letters NO NEWBIES !!!! you might find your job much easier..............

andmerr and 67brid,thanks for trying to help me guy's maybe you should have a lil chat with lil-petie and tell him that BASHING people who are new to the game of backing up DVD's is not the way to conduct proper buisness