1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO_TS Folder Challenge

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pdw_oo7, Aug 8, 2004.

1. pdw_oo7

pdw_oo7 Member

I am trying to burn a DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder on my HDD, and my normal way is to use CloneDVD - Clone a DVD w/ menus, etc. but I get the error message

Error opening video files from
    C:/Movie/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS/
    C:/Movie/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO:3: unable to open file

It's weird b/c the path to the files is

C:/Movie/VIDEO_TS

and it seems somehow there is another VIDEO_TS folder that it is going through...

Anyways I have tried to make a .iso image from the files and also burn the files with Nero and nothing has worked so far... and I'm going crazy.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Is this an original?
    Does this disc play in a standalone player ?(I would be very surprised if it did)

If not just copy and paste the files (only) from the folder into a new VIDEO_TS on your desktop...........
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  3. pdw_oo7

pdw_oo7 Member

I was making a backup of a backup and lost the original disc...

Guess the DVD is bad - it only plays on the computer not on a standalone...

I'm giving up unless someone has other ideas.

EDIT: btw baabaa gouge away = great song

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

pdw_oo7

This dvd doesnot contain the css encryption and should (IMO) just be raw data, therefore go into windows explorer, select ALL the files from the disc (NOT FOLDERS), and just attempt a simple copy and paste to a VIDEO_TS folder on your desktop......

Therefore you should be left with just a VIDEO_TS folder containing all the relevant vobs/ifos and bups......

This should be OK to burn to dvd....

If not then:

If it isn't, then run the folder through either dvdshrink OR ifoedit OR dvd2one - this will re-orientate the files into a compliant structure and therefore leave you with a compliant VIDEO_TS folder.........if you receive ANY errors in one of the above process, then there is a problem with some of files......