1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video_ts.ifo

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ronolaus, Sep 7, 2004.

1. ronolaus

ronolaus Member

I decrypted my dvd and went to dvd shrink and could not find the file. The destination was the C:\movie name. When I open the C drive it is there but can not locate it in dvd shrink. Dvd shrink is telling me that it can not find C:\Video_TS.IFO. What do I need to do to correct the problem?

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

ummmm its been awhile since ive done it your way.
    open dvd shrink, and at the top left hand corner, click file/open disc image,your iso/ifo should be there.
    i only use dectypter if shrink wont do the job :)
    good luck and welcome to the forum
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If Shrink can't find the IFO you either need to rerip the disc in ISO or File mode or use IFOEdit to make an IFO :)

4. ronolaus

ronolaus Member

thank you both. Neither of those ideas worked. Maybe I am missing a step. First you go into decrytor and send it to the C drive as the destination. I have the mode set as ISO Read. Do you need to put anything there besides C:\movie name? When that is done you go to shrink and open files you should see the files there on the C drive. Jim I tried what you suggested but that did not work. Nephilim I rip it again and the same thing happened. I have been ripping with no problem and all of a sudden it quit working...

5. nist

nist Member

Use DVD Decrypter and try instead to rip in "file mode". Choose all files and then rip it to HD. Now should you have files in a folder called video_ts. In that folder is a file called video_ts.ifo.

Open Shrink and choose the icon "open files". Choose the movie folder where video_ts is located and it should now work.

If you use ISO read you get one large ISO file and should then use the "Open disk image" in Shrink instead (in ISO mode don't you get an video_ts.ifo file).

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi ronolaus
    If your ripping in the iso mode,you should be able to pick up the iso in shrink when you click *file*, not, open files.
    click/file/open disc image,if its not there,you messed up somewhere, or the source disc maybe corrupt.
    Im assuming your using the iso mode because your burning with dvd decrypter?
    If thats the case,then ripping in the file mode wont work to burn with decrypter(unless their is a new version of dvd decrypter that i dont have)

I hope you get it figured out,holler back if you dont,somebody in here will surely be able to help you.

good luck
    jim

7. kayahaze

kayahaze Member

Hi ronolaus, i had the same problem shrink is looking for file called video_ts.ifo but for some reason decrypter saves this as vts_01_1.ifo not sure why.So go into diretory where .ifo is, right click and open with shrink this then loads it all into shrink.If shrink cant find file it means you might have to rename your .vob file to what it is looking for wich only takes a couple of minutes.Does anyone have any more info regarding this problem please let me know thanks

8. ronolaus

ronolaus Member

thank you everyone I will give all of this a try.