1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO_TS (multiple) to two DVDS??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pearlxman, May 29, 2007.

1. pearlxman

pearlxman Member

I ripped all the files but can't figure out how to put it on 2 DVDS w/ all extras. It's 7.5GB. all .vob, .ifo files.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I agree fully with dialysis1. I use VobBlanker all the time with excellent results! Can't live without it. If you need all extras on the backup, use VobBlanker to split the movie in half and put the first half on disc 1 and the second half on disc 2. You can have the extras on both discs if you like. Just make sure that the final disc size for EACH disc is less than 4400mb.

You can open with VobBlanker and blank out all the junk. For example if the main title contains 45 chapters, you can KEEP chapters 1-25 and BLANK out chapters 26-45 and save to hard drive. Burn this to a single layer dvd (1 of 2), then use VobBlanker to BLANK out chapters 1-25 and KEEP chapters 26-45. Save this to hard drive, then burn to second single layer disk (2 of 2). This will eliminate all compression problems and give the best video quality. You won't have to use Shrink to compress. This same procedure can also be used with episodic dvd's while keeping all menus intact and in working order. I use this method if compression will be less than 80-85%. I'm real picky about the video quality. Hope this helps.

4. pearlxman

pearlxman Member

actually it's not a movie. It's a TV Series. So the files go like this:

[​IMG]

5. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Here's a little info about backing up episodic dvd's using the following method that I posted on May 13. All episodic dvd's that I have backed up can be ripped with DVD Decrypter by itself with no problems. It takes about 20 minutes to rip the full dvd. It takes about 5 minutes to process the first half of the dvd using VobBlanker and about 5 minutes to process the second half if you follow my instructions below. It then takes about 12 minutes to burn the first half of the episodes to a single layer dvd and about 12 minutes to burn the second half of the episodes to another single layer dvd. It takes less than an hour to process an episodic dvd from start to finish. If you use single layer dvd's, the cost is as little as 20 cents each X 2 if purchased in packs of 100 as opposed to a double layer dvd at about $1.50 - $2.00 each. I use Ripit4me on my movies but DVD Decrypter will work by itself on the episodic dvd's. Follow the instructions below and you should have no problems.

*** You can use VobBlanker and keep all the extras and all menus intact and in working order. Rip the episodic dvd to your HD, use VobBlanker to KEEP the first half of the episodes and BLANK out the second half. For example, if the dvd has 8 episodes, keep episodes
    1-4 and blank out 5-8. While you're at it you can also blank out any previews and other junk. After you backup this way, use VobBlanker to do the same thing except BLANK out episodes 1-4 and KEEP 5-8. Make sure you use a different destination folder for the second half than you used for the first half. This way you can have all episodes divided into 2 SL discs (1 of 2 & 2 of 2) which help keep the cost down and you don't sacrifice any video quality. Then, there's no need to use Shrink, just burn the end result to 2 SL dvd's. I find it works great for the episodic dvd's and VobBlanker doesn't take a lot of time to do it's job either. You can label your discs like this: The King of Queens S4 D2 (1 of 2) and The King of Queens S4 D2 (2 of 2) meaning season 4 disc 2 having the first 4 episodes on (1 of 2) and the last 4 episodes on (2 of 2). ***

If you haven't used VobBlanker before, I would suggest you rip any movie to your hard drive and use it to practice on beforehand. I will post some pics of VobBlanker in the next couple of days.

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

orion250's method is correct. Just make sure that you have the titles in their correct order. I made that mistake with a 24 series disc where the titles were 1,3,2 and 4. I didn't realize it until it was too late and I had to do it over.

7. pearlxman

pearlxman Member

thanks guys. figured it out.