1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO_TS.VOB missing, Problem splitting

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by twoonetwo, Jul 27, 2002.

1. twoonetwo

twoonetwo Member

With MAJESTIC, there is no video_ts.vob file. It's VTS_01_0.VOB and VTS_03_0.VOB files are completely empty. The main movie is in the 02 set. I'm having a problem splitting the dvd. The first disk works without any difficulties, but when i try to even preview the files with ifoedit, it gives me a navigation error. I've done this before and have tried majestic many times. But this is giving me lots of trouble. Anyone have any ideas what i'm doing wrong or should watch out for anything?
    Thanks!

2. Snowface

Snowface Member

I don't have a movie that has this problem, but I think I might have an idea.
    What you could do is load the ifo in IfoEdit like allways, but then hit VOB Extras. Even if you don't have to strip anything out, it'll create VTS_01_xx with new ifo's based on the old ones. This way IfoEdit will probably correct its nav errors.

3. joshua

joshua Member

if this is the case, (I backed up Majestic but can`t remember how I did it, this is how I would do it )
    In Ifoedit, open up .ifo of main movie and then hit VOB extras, on box that opens up check only, "Correct IFO tables....." and "Create New VIDEO_TS.IFO&VTS_01_0.IFO"
    make sure to specify a file in the directory box, I normally create a file within the main file and call it "JUST movie".
    Hit the "OK"
    It will create the IFO`s you need for you.
    Then copy the VTS_02_xx.vob files of the movie to the "just movie" file and rename ALL those files to VTS_01_xx.vob.
    Then get VTS sectors for ALL IFO files and proceed as normal