1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

viewsat pro installation

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tony16222, Feb 2, 2008.

1. tony16222

tony16222 Member

I need help installing my viewsat pro. I try searching for the channels and all I get are a few channels and they are all black. What Im I doing wrong? The best that I could get the signal strenght and quality level is 92s and 85q.

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

Hope this helps.

Some VS PRO tips/Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c/p "Working Girl""

Master PIN Codes
    0000, 3570, 0937 or 2668 -
    only if you get locked out of the receiver somehow

Make sure to format your USB stick to FAT32.
    You can do it with your PC or with the VS PRO.

How T0 Format your USB or HDD WITH VIEWSAT-PRO:

MENU-RECORD-USB PORT- SELECT-OK-SELECT EITHER FRONT OR REAR PORT-OK.PLUG IN THE USB TO THE PORT THAT YOU HAD SELECTED-HARD DISH FORMAT-ENTER PASSWORD ( DEFAULT 0000)-OK- START FORMAT-OK-YES-OK-HDD FORMAT.

After DONE hight light USB device safe remove-OK-Remove-OK.

UPLOAD FILE BY USB STICK:

Unzipped current bin file and copy to your USB stick.Insert USB stick to the pre selected USBs port.MENU-INSTALLATION-SW UPDATE LIST-OK-HIGH LIGHT THE FILE -OK-DO NOT POWER OFF-AFTER DONE -REMOVE USB STICK-RECEIVER WILL DO A REBOOT BY ITSELF ( OFF AND BACK TO ON)

Fix for EPG if not sort by SID - VS PRO

If your having trouble with EPG , when in All Satelites , it will not being sorted by SID , even after its set it up under options. This is probably not a problem if you are only looking at 1 provider , but if you looking at 2 providers , you probably are having the same problem . This is what will fixed it.

MENU - Go to "EDIT Channel List"
    Press the "Info" button.
    Select "Sort by SID"
    Now when are in All Satelites , your EPG will be in order.
    make your sat file
    Go to "EDIT Channel "
    Go to "EDIT Channel List"
    Press the "Info" button.
    Select "Sort by SID"
    Now when are in All Satelites , your EPG will be in order.
    Viewsat Receiver's can make your satinfo file for you
    Just wanted to add that when I scan, I turn the power off to all
    other LNB's except the one I am scanning. Make sure you turn them
    all back on once complete!

3. tony16222

tony16222 Member

i actually got the channels up and running but i just cant get the te channels to display whats on.(guide)

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

I don't own a pro, but do have a ultra. To get the guide to populate for me I go to cnn, channel 200 and let it set for a while. It seems that once the guide is up and running, it stays updated. There may be a setting in your menu that lets you manually update the guide.

I am guessing, but is there a auto update somewhere in your menu that needs to be turned on?

5. tony16222

tony16222 Member

i will check and see what happens thanks bill.

6. tony16222

tony16222 Member

still no guide info, and i dont know what else to do so i think i just might have to deal with it.

7. LOVEKIM

LOVEKIM Member

Hey Guys
    I have recently bought a VEIWSAT VS PRO receiver, it was easy finding the channels but I have two inquiries I would love for somebody to help me out:
    First problem is %80 of the channels that I have caught were locked with a dollar sign, is anybody can show me what to do to have the channels viewable.
    How can you know how to configure the antenna on each satellite?
    Kim Monroe,

8. califo

califo Member

Is Sat 119 up for vs pro?

9. RuthD

RuthD Guest

I have a new VSPRO and I have the same problem that most channels have a $ sign beside them and are locked. Did anyone figure out the fix for this

10. bill038

bill038 Guest

Here is a how to guide, hopefully there is a fix in there for you. I really think the part about the corrupt loading of the bin is what your problem is about.

A COLLECTION OF VS-PRO HOW TOS -***NEW GUI***

How To Flash Your VS-Pro By USB
    ***Your USB Flash Drive Must Be Formatted in FAT32. ***
    ***If Your VS-Pro Does Not Recognize Your Flash Drive, Try A Different Flash Drive***

#1 -Copy .all file to flash drive -make sure this is the only file on your flash drive
    #2 -Menu-->>Record-->>USB Port Select -Choose Front Side, Then press "Exit"
    #3 -Insert flash drive in to front USB port. Wait for message to appear on screen recognizing flash drive press "OK".
    #4 -Menu-->>System Information-->>Software Update List (Not Update Software) -you will now see
    the .all file, make sure it is highlighted and press ok. STB will now begin to be flashed -you will see a
    message "Writing software, do not power off blah blah".
    #5 -When flashing is complete the VS-Pro will reboot & you will see a message "Remove flash drive,
    press any key". Do not press any key -just remove the flash drive. VS-Pro will reboot again and flashing
    is complete. Menu-->>System Information-->>Product Information to confirm that software has been
    written.

How To Load Factory Software Via Serial & VS-Pro Loader Program

The steps below are to be used when loading factory software with a .bin file extension. The latest
    factory file (V104) has a .all file extension and can be loaded using the USB flash device method.

#1 -Make sure the VS-Pro is turned off using the switch on the back.
    #2 -Connect the VS-Pro to the COM port of your Computer using the supplied null modem cable.
    #3 -Start the VS-PRO Loader Program
    #4 -Verify that your Com port setting in the VS-Pro loader software is the correct port.
    #5 -Click "Connect".
    #6 -Click "Upload to STB".
    #7 -For File Types click on "All types" so that the ".bin" files are available to be seen.
    #8 -Browse to the folder where your .bin file is located and select the *.bin file that you want to flash.
    #9 -You'll now get a new dialog that says "Reset your STB(s)"
    #10 -Turn on your VS-Pro by the switch on the back.
    #11 -You'll now get a new Dialog that says "Check displayed message ('Loader or 'mon') on the front
    panel, then press the OK button." Verify that the front of the receiver says "mon" and then click OK. It
    will start reflashing by erasing the memory. It will start with step (1 of 5) and will proceed with all 5
    steps. Each step will take a little bit longer. The fifth step takes the longest so don't worry if it seems like
    it is taking awhile.
    #12 -Once it finishes it will say that the operation is Complete/Successful. You can now disconnect you
    null modem cable.

How To Copy/Delete Multiple Files At One Time

To Copy Multiple Files
    #1 -Menu-->>Record-->>File Manager – Press “OK” -here you will have you 2 drives listed in 2 different
    panes.
    #2 -Press the right arrow button to highlight the right pane. Scroll down to /F(External) and press “OK” -
    this opens up the F drive (Fat 32 Partition).
    #3 -Press Left arrow button to highlight the left pane. /E(External) should already be highlighted. Press
    the “OK” button -this opens up the E drive (E2FS VS-Pro Recording Partition).
    #4 -Scroll down to the first file that you want to copy and press the "Check Mark" button. Repeat this
    step as necessary.
    #5 -Once you have selected all of the files you want to copy, scroll up to one of the files you have
    selected and press the "Green" button to copy to right.
    When this process is complete -press the “Exit” button to exit the menu.

To Delete Multiple Files
    #1 -Menu-->>Record-->>File Manager -Press “OK”

#2 -Press the OK button again (the /E(External) in the left pane should already be highlighted) -this
    opens up the E drive (E2FS VS-Pro Recording Partition).
    #3 -Scroll down to the first file that you want to copy and press the "Check Mark" button. Repeat this
    step as necessary.
    #4 -Once you have selected all of the files you want to delete, scroll up to one of the files you have
    selected and press the "Red" button to delete.
    When this process is complete -press the “Exit” button to exit the menu.

How To Delete Only 1 Sat Worth of Channels

To my knowledge this is an option that is unavailable with the new GUI. If someone figures out how
    to do it please PM me and I will gladly add it.

How To Delete All Channels

#1 – Menu-->>Channel Organization-->>Edit Channels List – Press “OK”.
    #2 – Press “Info”. Scroll down to “Delete All”. Press “OK”. Choose “Yes” and press “OK” one more time.

Guide Problems

If you are having VS-Pro guide problems -this includes but is not limited to Tuner Lock Fail, No
    Information In Guide After Downloading, Errors While Downloading. It seems like something is getting
    corrupted either during a STB flashing, or scanning, or something. One thing seems to be correcting this
    problem. If you can't seem to get your guide to work, try the steps below:

Step 1 -Factory Default (Menu-->>User Setting-->>Factory Default)

Step 2 -Reflash

Step 3 -Setup your sats and rescan.

Guide Population For Both Providers

Method #1

This isn't going to be a viable solution for some but here goes.

It seems like the VS-Pro's 32Mb of memory isn't being optimally used and the memory can't handle all of
    the guide information. To combat this, one thing you can do is to delete some channels. You would be
    surprised how many channels you can get rid of -French, Spanish, duplicates (especially in the 800s,
    5000s, 6000s), all of the free & test channels, Bev HD channels -you get the picture. Obviously people
    have different tastes and some folks won't want to delete all of the channels that I have listed above.
    The big trick though is to get your channel list down to between 550 -650 channels. If you can do this
    however, you will then be able to do a Dish Network & Bell-Vu download from the receive guide menu
    and you will have a fully populated guide on both providers.

The big pain in the azz is deleting all of those channels -you have to confirm every single channels
    deletion, so plan to sit for 30-45 minutes. Also, once you are done, make sure you copy your channel list
    to your USB flash device so that you don't have to go through this again.

Method #2
    Credit for this information goes to Biliboy1.

***The steps in this procedure involve making use of the Download at Standby feature in the VS-
    Pro.***

Menu-->>User Setting-->>EPG Setting -Set download at Standby to 2AM.
    Sometime before 2AM -Menu-->>User Setting-->> EPG Setting -scroll down to Bell-Vu, press OK -the
    B€V guide will download in 2 1/2 minutes. However, your DN guide will be filled with "No Information".
    Power off VS-Pro using remote. At 2AM your DN guide should download. You should wake up to a fully
    populated guide.

How To Sort Channels by Anything Other Than SID

The first thing that has to be done is turning sort by SID off. To do this:
    #1 – Menu-->>User Setting-->>Option Setting – Press “OK”. Scroll down to “Display CH Number By SID”
    and set it to “Off”.
    #2 – Menu-->>Channel Organization-->>Edit Channels List – Press “OK”. Press “Info” button and scroll
    down to the desired sorting method (Default, Aa-Zz, Zz-Aa, or SID). Press “OK”.

How To Backup Your Channel List and Event Timers To USB Flash Drive

#1 -Make sure you have enabled proper USB port and insert flash drive. Wait for message to appear
    confirming that the VS-Pro has recognized your flash drive and press "OK"
    #2 -Menu-->>System Information-->>Update Software – Press “OK”
    #3 -Warning confirmation will come up, choose "Yes" and press “OK”.
    #4 -Enter Password and press “OK”.
    #5 -Choose "Upload channel-->USB"

Once this is a complete you get a message telling you to safe remove your flash drive -remove the drive
    and you're done. You now have a copy of your channel list as well as your timers. In the event of having
    to do a Factory Default, instead of having to rescan and set your event timers back up, all you have to do
    is load the file you created here.

To load a previously saved channel/timer list, follow the same directions for flashing the VS-Pro By USB.

How to Manually Enter Keys

#1 -Menu-->>User Setting-->>Code Menu -Press "OK"
    #2 -Press "Left Arrow" on remote until you get to the provider of your choice (For B€V you will want to
    change Bev 09 01 00, for DN you will want Dish 01 01 00) DN key usually has an extra line of 00 -ignore
    that line.
    #3 -Using your remote enter the keys from your key grabber in to the 08, 09, 88, & 89 lines.
    Once you are done, press “Exit”, choose yes to save and press “OK”.

How To Scan One Or Some of Your Sats

#1 -Menu-->>Installation-->>Auto Scan -Press "OK".
    #2 -Press the Red button. Scroll down, all of the sats in that you have set up in your system will have a
    check mark beside them. Highlight each sat that has a check mark beside them & that you don't want to
    scan, and press the "OK" button to deselect those sat(s). Once you are left with the only sat(s) that you
    want to scan, press the "Exit" button.
    #3 -Now scroll down to "Start Search" and press "OK".

How To Transponder Scan

#1 – Menu-->>Installation-->>Channel Scan – Press “OK”
    #2 – Satellite will already be highlighted and the satellite of the last channel you were watching will be
    showing in the satellite name. Leave as is if that is the sat that you want to TP scan or press “OK” once,
    scroll up/down to the satellite you want to TP scan and press “OK” again.
    #3 – Press the “Red” button to edit TP.
    #4 – Scroll down to the TP that you want to scan, press “OK”.
    #5 – You will now be taken to the Scan Satellite screen, TP will be scanned. Choose “YES” to Save.
    #6 – You will now be taken back to the Channel Scan Page. If you are done, press “Menu” to Exit.

11. RuthD

RuthD Guest

Ok so I printed these instructions and went to item #6 - VS Pro Guide Problems and followed these instructions. However, It says do Factory Default then Reflash the setup sats and scan but the receiver will not allow this. When you do Factory Default it goes through its own set of instructions and does the scan before you can reflash so you end up with the same set of problems

12. bill038

bill038 Guest

What sort of instructions does it go through by it's self?

13. RuthD

RuthD Guest

Language, time, satellite scan, sat settings, channel scan. All the ones in the setup wizard

14. bill038

bill038 Guest

Need to know if your using the cable or usb memory stick to load the files.

15. RuthD

RuthD Guest

USB Memory stick

16. burmanh

burmanh Member

I see your problem... on the second or third step after the langiage setting and timesitting you can press the blue button to choose exit setup. then hit manu and continue the reflash.
    zhope this helps.

17. bigmllc

bigmllc Regular member

hey i just bought a viewsat ultra vs2000 - i am upgrading my cs5k - i swapped my old cs5k switch to the the diseq switch that came with the vs....at this point i am just trying to get the menu to show my correct dishs - 61.5, 110 and 119... however when i go to 121 it shows 110.... i cant get the 110 to come up... do i need to play with the TP Freq or the LNB Freq?

18. bigmllc

bigmllc Regular member

I just got a ViewSat Ultra 2000

Am I supposed to do an AutoScan on each Sat separately?

I managed to get 110 and 119 up however the channels are different than the Coolsat 5000….i.e. on my CS5k the DIY channel was 111 and on the VS its like 200 something… is this normal?

Also, when scanning 61.5, I don’t get all channels, such as Middle Eastern channels… ideas?

19. Imadj8

Imadj8 Member

Just got the VS Pro and all is working great except the recording. External HDD is hooked up thru rear port and file manager reads all info on HDD(existing files etc) but unable to record movies or pics. Keep getting "No recordable disk exist" error. HDD is formatted FAT32 and vs pro does read mp3's on HDD that exist. Tried Formatting a 128 mb cruzer stick that again the vs pro reads but still unable to record pics or movies. Any suggestions?????

20. jgdrag

jgdrag Guest

I got a VSPro recently, your hard drive must be formatted to another file system(Linux)