1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

viewsat pro installation

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tony16222, Feb 2, 2008.

1. pbains

pbains Member

I have just got a viewsat pro and I uploaded the file and everything and before it went down I lost one international channel. After it went down i uploaded the new file onto it but I still didn't get that channel that I lost. A blank screen just appears on it and no special signs or anything comes.
    Does anyone know how I could make it work???

2. adds416

adds416 Member

Hello, I also bought a new VSPro Viewsat and am having problems with it.
    I set up the dish in the right direction and I get S (signal) to be like 80, but no matter what direction I point to I always get the Q(quality) to be 0. I am not expert at this, but could someone please help me what I could do to get at least some value for Q. I live in an apartment building and I am facing on the east side. I know that my direction is not good, but if I could get the S to be 80, I should be able to get a at least a small value of Q rather than always it being 0.

I will appreciate any help I get.

3. jgdrag

jgdrag Guest

Adds416
    The Q value is everything, S is nothing. Where you are will determine where you need to point the dish. Go south west for starters

Imadj9

Under Menu, Record, USB select, select the rear usb, Format for movie recording is E2FS file system

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  4. adds416

adds416 Member

i live in an apartment building so i cannot change any direction, but my parents own a store so i can point anywhere there. That's why, i went there and tried it, i got S to be something like 80 and Q to be 75, and i get channels from that, but all i see is black screen with "auto roll processing" on the top of the screen, which never goes away.

5. jgdrag

jgdrag Guest

The autoroll should go away after 5 minutes? Did you try turning the channels?

6. adds416

adds416 Member

yes, i tried turning the channel and i get the same problem.
    But i have a new problem now. I didn't know that we weren't supposed to change the nagra key of dish 01 01 00 for 00 (the first line), so i accidentally wrote the key in the first line. Therefore, i need to change the line 00 back to it's original and i can't remember what they were. Please help.

7. jgdrag

jgdrag Guest

Can't help you there, sorry, google it

8. adds416

adds416 Member

No problem, because i think i fixed that problem by uploading to a new software. Now all i got to do is point the dish in the right direction (since i already entered the keys in) and it should be up and running. I hope. Thanks for all your help tho.

9. adds416

adds416 Member

I have a question tho. This might be a stupid one.
    I know that we enter the half key of key 00 for dish 0101 into 08 and the other half into 09. Same thing with key 01 for 86 and 96 and we leave the top line 00 alone.
    My question is that does same rule apply to bev 0901. So half in 08, 09 from key 00 and 86,96 from key 01.
    Just want to make sure.

10. jgdrag

jgdrag Guest

Sorry, that is beyond my knowledge,

11. mrbravo

mrbravo Member

12. mrbravo

mrbravo Member

ADS416: I have the same problem, I modified 00, i reloaded, did a factory btu no avail, can you do me a favor and tell me wath the hex numbers are for 00 in 010100, thre are 16 sets of them. thanks

VSPRO