1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

viewsat ultra

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mac42437, Aug 28, 2007.

1. mac42437

mac42437 Member

Just got it hooked up and flashed but still no go . seems I need the tessey files but cant seem to find them any suggestions

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

what are tessey files?

3. mac42437

mac42437 Member

from what I have read there are a set of three individual files that have to be downloaded and flashed one at a time to get the thing up and running. I have been reading fdor about 2 weeks to have gotten that far. I have flashed the thing at least a dozen times and even put the codes in manually but still no go.I have read everything that I can find. I figured that I must concede defeat and ask for help. Any suggestions or any other sites that I can read and get some answers will be greatly appreciated.

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

which view sat do you have?

If this is a new STB/receiver you should get at least two files before you start.
    LOADER2.ZIP (viewsat utility section )
    An up to date latest file, found in the Viewsat Files (fixs and updates) section here

Use only Platinum PGM files on Platinum or Lite
    Extreme PGM files are for Extreme only

HOW TO FLASH.
    You can flash (load) your receiver with a bin on top of the bin (file) you already have. It will replace it.
    Use a Nul CABLE RS232 on your receiver from the computer. Or use a Nul adaptor from Radio Shack number 26-264B to make a straight through cable a Nul cable. Take the cable off going to the LNB to be safe. If you don't have a 9 pin plug on your computer you may need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183 at Radio Shack.

Un-zip all the files and hook up the cable from your computer to the STB, keep the STB off with the switch in the back. Start the loader-2 and click on OPEN FILES. Find the bin file you un-zipped that now ends in PGM. Click on it and it will automatically go on the first line of the loader. Click on the icon just below the word TOOL and check the COM PORT. Then turn STB on from the back and at first light click PC->STB on the loader. If the progress bar don't move after about a minute start over again. Sometimes the timing is critical. Even try turning STB on from the back first then click PC->STB. Don't do anything as the progress bar is going across. Make sure the Computer & STB are done before you go to the next step. They may not get done at the same time.

When file transfer is completed, the Front Panel will display:
    "inst" for 15 seconds while the software is being installed
    "DONE" for 10 seconds while the ViewSat does housekeeping chores
    Next, the ViewSat automatically REBOOTs
    " on " will be displayed and when the reboot is complete, "0000"
    You may NOW turn "OFF" the ViewSat and connect it to your TV and satellite dish cable

Some problems occur from users not waiting long enough after flashing. The unit now has an extra step involved. When finished it will say END, then 0000, then boot, then END, then back to last channel or 0000. You must wait till this process finishes before unplugging. Unplugging while it is finishing causes the unit to fail

PLUGGING IN CABLE.
    Make sure you plug in the cable from the dish to the receiver at the LNB 13/18v INPUT. Not the ANT IN. The cables coming from the dish to the switch should be put on the switch at the same number as you have set in your receiver. "Example", 119 cable goes on number 1 on the diseqc switch and the receiver has #1 for 119 in the program. You can only get one Satellite for each one LNB you have. Two LNB's two Satellites, and so on.

Now you will need to set your settings. Below is what most have.
    MENU, INSTALLATION, then 0000 or 0937 or 2668 or 3570 then ANTENNA SETUP then side arrow to ECHOSTAR 7 119.0W check your Satellite setting. Then do the same to ECHOSTAR 8,10 110.0W

EchoStar 7 - 119. ECHO 7
    LNB Power------ON
    LNB Type-------Standard For dish pro set to OCS
    LNB Freq-----------11250
    22kHz-------------Off unless you have a 22kHz switch turn on.
    TP Freq----------12339
    Search option-----All
    DiSEqC 1.0------Port 1
    Motor--------------Off
    Legacy SW------None

HIGHLIGHT any line EXCEPT Top "SATELLITE 119.0W" line
    F1 to REGULAR scan the 110 TP's
    When finished,

"EXIT" and "YES" to Save.
    Go to next Sat to scan

EchoStar 8,10 - 110.0W May also say Echostar 6,8
    LNB Power------ON
    LNB Type-------Standard For Dish pro set to OCS
    LNB Freq-----------11250
    22kHz-------------Off unless you have a 22kHz switch turn on
    TP Freq----------12224
    Search option-----All
    DiSEqC 1.0------Port 2
    Motor--------------Off
    Legacy SW------None

HIGHLIGHT any line EXCEPT Top "SATELLITE 110.0W" line
    F1 to REGULAR scan the 110 TP's
    When finished,

"EXIT" and "YES" to Save.

Satellite: Nimiq 1,3 91.0W
    LNB Power------ON
    LNB Type-------Standard For dish Pro set to OCS
    LNB Freq-----------11250
    22kHz-------------OFF you can't use a 22kHz switch with more then two Satellites.
    TP Freq----------12224
    Search option-----All
    DiSEqC 1.0------Port 3
    Motor--------------Off
    Legacy SW------None

HIGHLIGHT any line EXCEPT Top "SATELLITE 91.0W" line
    F1 to REGULAR scan the 91 TP's

"EXIT" and "YES" to Save

THIS IS WHAT MY SETTINGS ARE. You can start here then change them later.
    MENU, OPTIONS
    Close Caption---------OFF
    Sort by SID-------------ON
    AUTO TP---------------ON
    AUTO ROLL-----------ON
    EPG Hours-------------24
    Full Channel Name—ON

Now exit out to Channel and wait for keys to roll may take up to 15 minutes leave on 1 channel

Installation, Parental Control
    Receiver lock Off
    Menu Lock ON
    Information timeout 3
    Maturity Rate Unblocked
    Change PIN Code ????

MENU, SYSTEM SETTINGS
    System Settings----Letter Box
    Screen Type--------------63
    Menu Language-------English
    Audio Language------English
    Channel Mode---------Normal

HOW TO DO A FACTORY DEFAULT
    MENU, INSTALLATION
    When you do this you will also clean out your channels.

How To Enter Keys Manually In Your Xtream.
    1. Menu
    2.Installation
    3.Enter Pin 0000
    4.Code
    5.Nagra
    6.Left until you see what ever Satellite you want.
    Put 00 keys on line 08 & 09 don't change the 08 or 09 number
    Put 01 keys on line 88 & 89 don't change the 88 or 89 number
    EXIT once then OK to save, the light color is the one you pick to save then EXIT out.

HOW TO SEARCH/EDIT, ANTENNA CONFIGURATION, ADD SATELLITE, RENAME SATELLITE, DELETE SATELLITE.
    MENU, INSTALLATION, 0000, SIDE ARROW TO DN OR BEV, then down once to NETWORK SEARCH ON, Then down once to HAMMER ICON then side arrow to what you want to do.
    ADD A TP
    To add a TP go to the channel scan section, select Dish or Nimiq 1,3, go down to the green screw driver and hammer icon, hit ok to enter the tp list, then F1 button to add new TP You can also hit the pause button in this section to get a overview of other actions.

HOW TO TURN AUTO-ROLL OFF & ON
    MENU,OPTIONS then go to AUTO-ROLL

SET GMC TIME
    MENU, INSTALLATION, TIME SETTING. Set to - 5:00 for east coast

RESET RECEIVER
    Sometimes you need to do a reset, (hard boot). Turn power off then on from the back.
    Edit/Delete Message

5. bill038

bill038 Guest

If you have a ultra you can flash it with a thumb drive thru the usb port on the front. This is very important. DO NOT PLUG OR UNPLUG ANY CABLES WITHOUT EITHER UNPLUGGING YOUR STB OR TURNING IT OFF FROM THE BACK.

Loading your BIN using USB Jump Drive

? Connect all the cables to your box/TV
    ? Turn the power ON from the front and back switch
    ? Press Menu key
    ? Select Installation and press OK
    ? Select Antenna Setup and press OK
    ? Select your Sat.
    ? Here if you have a DISEqC switch enter the port #, Motor or Legacy SW
    ? No LNB Type need to select (from new, you have only two selection Standard and Universal). STB will select your LNB Automatic
    ? Press Exit and select Yes for saving the settings
    ? Your back to Antenna Setup screen
    ? Here you have Three choices:
    1. Channel Scan
    2. Auto Scan
    3. Blind Scan
    ? Select Auto Scan
    ? Press OK
    ? You are in the Auto Scan window and you see the Bird(Sat.) you selected and on the top of your screen are three options:
    1. Search option
    2. Network search
    3. Scan Start
    ? You don’t change nothing, go down and select Scan Start and press OK
    ? You do this for all the Birds (Sat.) you have
    ? Now its time to download your BIN ( Newest bins here http://forums.f2atv.com/showthread.php?t=103801
    ? Insert the Memory Stick in your PC and transfer the bin in. Than insert in your STB and in the Main Menu select System information and press OK
    ? Select Receiver Upgrade and press OK
    ? Go down to the bottom of the window, select USB and press OK
    ? A new window opens with some Korean files, years, etc.
    ? In the bottom of the window, it is your bin selects and presses OK
    VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT TURN THE POWER OFF
    ? After you load the bin, the STB will reboot automatic
    ? Wait for Autoroll and watch TV

6. bill038

bill038 Guest

I hope these help, I will be away for a couple of days, so maybe Jerry can help you while I am gone. Hopefully you have enough info to get r done.

Good luck

7. bill038

bill038 Guest

All the files you need are at the link above. Register, its free and get all the files and info you need.

8. mac42437

mac42437 Member

I bought a viewsat ultra.There was a null cable that came with the receiver that is a serial plug that plugs into com port1.Instead of using the diseqc switch that came with the receiver I used a dish pro-video path-multi dish switch-model#DP34. Then there is another # that is 107107. I followed the path and went to get the files but there was not one there for Viewsat Ultra.I followed your directions to the letter using the bin that I had but still to no avail.The Dish pro switch that I am using is about an 8 inch square where as the one that came with the box is only about a 2 inch square. Should I change that to the one that came with it?I would think that my dish pro switch would work. A friend of mine is using one on his but it is s different brand.

9. 911t

911t Member

what information do u put to setup 148.0W dish

10. mac42437

mac42437 Member

Dont have a clue --been tinkering with mine for a month or so and it still doesnt work

11. bill038

bill038 Guest

What kind of dish and lnb's are you using? If you are using something like the dish pro 500 with twin lnb's you don't need that switch unless you are trying to use more than two receivers.

12. bill038

bill038 Guest

I am going to send you to a site that has the best threads on switches, lnb's and dishes that I have seen. There are pictures of all the dishes,lnb's and switches. There is also diagrams of how they can be hooked up and in many different configurations.

http://forums.f2atv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Yo will have to join,it's free. Tons of information there and all the help you can stand.