1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Sansui System

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by rod619, Jul 21, 2013.

1. rod619

rod619 Member

Hi Guys!

My mother has an old Sansui audio system she collected over a couple years (to the tune of about $1000, 25 years ago). She is moving and is considering getting rid of it as it is way too much of an effort to set up again and it is pretty outdated. I'm just wondering if you think this system could be worth anything? Or should she just chuck it?

She has the 'Audio Program Timer AT-202', 'Stereo Graphic Equalizer Consolette RG-7X', 'Stereo Receiver R-30', 'Stereo Casette Deck D-90' and 'Automatic Return Belt Drive Turntable P-50'. The system all connects together and works together well and is in perfect condition.

Thanks,
    Rod

Ps. If anyone could direct me to a forum full of vintage audiophiles that would also be very helpful! :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  2. aldan

aldan Active member

unfortunately it wasnt one of their high end models.anything where the receiver and amp were combined wasnt the greatest.dont know about the turntable except direct drive was more desirable.but you say she bought these components seperately? what about the speakers ie model # description.there might be something there.

3. rod619

rod619 Member

Ah okay. Very expensive for something not considered a high end model. She says she bought three components at one time, but then later added to her collection.
    The speakers are of different make and she is looking to keep those.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

in 1969 or 70 my brother bought sony "hi-fi" components.his amp was almost a thousand bucks,his receiver $800.the turntable was $600,and his tannoy speakers were $900 for the pair.i would almost kill to have that one today.he ended up giving it to his kid.

5. rod619

rod619 Member

Wow! That must have been such an awesome system

6. aldan

aldan Active member

yep,i envied him that system for years.his kid still has it.

7. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

You could look for listings of similar item(s) on eBay. Might give you a feel for any values. If the items are heavy shipping could be a problem.

If the equipment works, give it to a family member??

I had an old Sansui QR6500 quadraphonic receiver from 40 years ago (yeah, I am old). Just ended up giving it away. It was old tech.