1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC: Anybody have seen this screen?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by maxgames, Jan 26, 2005.

1. maxgames

maxgames Member

Please just let me know if somebody have seen this error screen with Viper GC

[​IMG]

I am using Viper GC (cobra 0.4 bios) and when "swap disc now" screen appears I do the swap and the screen appears.

I have tried on two Gamecubes with diferent brand new chips and the same screen. I have done the adjust to the Laser POT and nothing changes...

I am the only one with this error?

2. maxgames

maxgames Member

NEW INFORMATION:

I have done test on an older Gamecube and the modchip works like a charm.

The older Gamecube where everything goes fine is an "A" Revision (the cobra says is an 26).

The Gamecubes where the modchip is not working at all is an "C" Revision (the cobra says is an 48)

So, anybody have listen something about Cobra Bios (or Viper GC) not working on "C" Revisions (48).

Please post your knowledge.

3. unk

unk Member

I have the same problem, i have a A or B revision ..dont know for sure... 16 in the cobra and the error is the same.
    Im running the 0.4 bios and also tried the 0.2 and nothing... =(

if i keep trying to boot it works... but after about 20+ tries... and after a qhile the game crashes, the only that doesnt crash is zelda collectors ediction

If someone can help i would be VERY happt =)

4. Razhyell

Razhyell Member

I only get this message when I use a DVD-RW

5. unk

unk Member

last night i tried to do the laser tweak , is was 400 and i put it at 195..the result: i can play some game with the 1st boot but other dont work...thats strange because i burned all the games the same way with the same media...

6. darthkill

darthkill Member

make sure your iso's are on a decent media dvd (i find the ritech die dvd-r are the best) also make sure the dvd is a minus and not a plus gamecubes do not read +dvd format also i had this screen once or twice try cleaning your lazer and the disk

7. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

I was wondering, do you burn Gamecube games onto mini DVD-r discs?

8. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

do you burn wiped isos straight ahead to the dvd? check the size of your isos and if they are not 1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes) use wiped gcm fixer

9. unk

unk Member

i think you need to fix them, at least all the isos that i downloaded had all the same size... so they must be already fixed

10. maxgames

maxgames Member

I have tried the fstfix13f.exe and the game boots perfect on the OLDER gamecube but on the NEWER keeps sending that error screen.

I think the problem is the cobra bios. I have found similar modders on www.ps2ownz.com that they are getting the same error screen with Gamecubes NTSC ver 1.2 (cobra says a 48). Unfortunally they banned my IP and I can not longer check the information. (The administrators of ps2ownz.com are assholes... they banned me and I never posted any single message, also you can not post until you have 5 days registered that is stupid...)

11. unk

unk Member

lol ... i don't realy like ps2ownz too lol

Still maybe this probems will be fixed with the new bios, does any one knows the release date of a new bios for viper???

12. eivl

eivl Member

i get that errormessage all the time when trying to boot a backup that i've burned on a poor media (DVD-R, don't remember the name). I need to try over and over again to get it to boot, normaly 6-12 times before my backup starts. I got sick of it and burned it on a different media, and now it works like a charm. hope it was usefull info!

=)

13. darthkill

darthkill Member

i get this message half way through a game sometimes dont know why?