1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC chip

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by clownz325, Jan 14, 2005.

1. clownz325

clownz325 Member

Hi, I was wondering if I buy a gc with the viper gc chip in it, will it direct boot mini dvd-r games? I know how to burn the games (u have to link up w/ ur cpu) and I heard u can play with lots of mini cd-rs, but will the viper gc let u play mini dvd-rs? Thanks

2. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Unfortunately the chip doesn't let you to direct boot. You actually have to swap discs. You put in an original, then when it tells you to swap, you just open the lid and swap with the backup, then it should boot.

Yes you can play with mini dvdr. Some mini dvdr that work are Ritek, Prodisc, and Memorex.

3. clownz325

clownz325 Member

Ok, when you say "an original" does that mean the original game u backed up? Or can you just put in any original gc disc and swap it out with another backed up game? Thanks

4. BigMario

BigMario Member

You put in any original retail GameCube game, boot it up, run the Viper Chip and it will prompt you to swap the retail disc with any burned game.

You can find screen shots here http://www.ps2nfo.com/viper.html

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  5. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

^ Yep what he said.

6. clownz325

clownz325 Member

cool Thanks. Im thinking of ordering a gc premodded at xteammods.com I heard they do good work.

7. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Yeah there really good. I recommend them. They did my ps2. Good communication. I was gonna get my gamecube done by them, but they weren't doing them at the time so I had someone else do it.

8. clownz325

clownz325 Member

I was thinking of buying a premodded XBOX from them, or do you have any suggestions on another place I should get it done? Also, what type of chip do you think I should get in my XBOX? Aladdin Advance or Xecuter pro/lite or SmartXX??? Im having trouble deciding. All I wanna do is play backups. :) Thanx tho. Ill prolly also order a premodded GC too! :)

9. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Definately xteammods. Really good. I don't really know what xbox chip you should get. Don't have an xbox. You can ask xteammods though. They have really good communication.