1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** Viper GC Extreme **

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by boki2002, Nov 3, 2005.

1. stuffheh

stuffheh Member

Anybody? :(

2. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I understand that the Viper-Extreme uses the USB adapter to load the BIOS, but how does it stream the game .ISO to the computer without a BBA?

On thier add is states "- The only solution that allows you to make backups without additional hardware".

Is it once you loaded the BIOS and start the GC a window with the option to backup the game will come up and the Viper-Extreme will stream the game .ISO to your computer hard-drive? I am trying to understand the hardware setup between the GC/Viper-Extreme/computer.

3. stuffheh

stuffheh Member

Well..since nobody really responded..I suppose I will post the info I have found

I'm taking the xenoGC route. It has been getting good reviews, simple to install, and the price is unbeatable.

Check out xenogc if you're in the market for a 15 dollar mod chip

(eurasia price)

4. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

How does xenoGC interface with the PC? How do you load the BIOS and how do you stream the .ISO to the PC? Do you need a BBA? If you do you are not saving much.

5. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

Can anybody help me understand my question above (see January 18th)

6. igounfaze

igounfaze Member

Well, I am not sure, as I am still waiting for my Viper Extreme chip. Has anyone else ordered from counsolesource and received their stuff? I am still waiting.

Brew dude, I would definitely let you know if I knew. But my opinion is that it is all done via the USB. Why would you need a BBA for, if you can connect to your computer via USB?? Software is what allows the connection in either of the two cases. Meaning: software translates the data going through the conections. So I would just think that from the viper usb, via the usb cable, to your pc usb port. Run proggy and wha-la! "files done".

But that is my opinion.

Stuffheh: I would go with the Viper EX chip. Why? because of what it says it can do. Just like brew says: you aint saving no money if you have to get all of that other stuff!

7. 2pac1987

2pac1987 Member

hey guys i'm going to buy this Chip for my gamecube now i read ont he site that it says The only solution that allows you to make backups without additional hardware does this mean i dont need to buy a BBA or anything else so i only need Gamecube system + Chip to back up?

8. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

That is the same question I asked. Does somebody know that answer?

9. nsx88

nsx88 Member

yes, that's what the viper extreme claims.

but as of yet, there is no bios that is capable of allocating that function of linking the ngc's communication port with the computer through the modchip.

we have to wait to see how things go, the newer bios of cobra should be just around the corner and every is waiting patiently.

10. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

So for now I do need the BBA to stream the .ISO file to my PC when using the Viper-Extreme USB?

11. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

Is it possible to hook up a hard-drive to the viper Extreme direct and boot material? Or something like that?

12. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

I thought you didn't need the BBA in order to stream (Backup) from Gamecube to PC .. I thought it was all done through USB with Viper Extreme... Am I wrong????