1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC - FIRST GAMECUBE MOD-CHIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ssjowowo, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  2. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

this chip is all we've been dreaming for!! with some proper programming it will be awsome :D FINALLY

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

WOW holy snikies it is true there is a modchip.I am happy now thinking it would never come out for the longest time.I think what we need now is some beta testers that can make a hacked bios for it,and we should all be set :).Today has got to be one of the best days for GameCube peeps.

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

looks sweet, and there are not very many wires to solder either :)

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I know man it only has 4 wires to solder,couldn't be that hard for even the unexperienced ones.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah here are some pics of it looks tight for real.

[​IMG]

I am not really sure what site will sell this chip though.I was wondering has anybody seen where they sell it or you can preorder it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

@L-Burna, remove the pics man, they are huge!!! I would hate to download this page over a dial-up connection.

8. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

..and the best thing it's fully programmable. always up to date. i've searched the internet to find more on this chip but i couldn't find anything. seems we have to wait for some time before any more information is released

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Fair enough was trying to downsize the pics,but don't have the option to downsize them.

10. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

11. udlras

udlras Guest

Not to be negitive but when is the general release?

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I just read off maxconsole it might take 3 to 4 weeks,but I am hoping it comes out at that time.If it does I am definately getting it.

13. philipman

philipman Regular member

I know someone that bought that mod chip in mexico like a month ago

14. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

parallel port?!? Where the F is the USB?

So here is the real question. Anyone going to keep working on PSO+ or burning 8mm DVDs? Looks like this is the coders cable we have been waiting for.

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I was thinking the same thing StoneRain,not sure where everything connects or what.It doesn't have alot of specs for it,and the release of it is unknown.I don't want to jynx it,but I hope this aint a tease.

16. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

the parallel port is used just for flashing the chip's bios with a new one from the pc..when the chip is connected to the gamecube the chip which has the parallel port might not be used at all. it's just the same as other programmable chips for other consoles. this might mean that this chip is designed for playing burnt games on the gamecube unit itself without having to stream the games from a pc..it's only natural if you think of it

17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah in a way it could also mean transfer of files from the actual drive though also right.They had mentioned it could replace the use of PSO and BBA right,so it could in some way replace the programs used for streaming images also.The programs out as of now to stream images are only capable of running off of the PSO and BBA technique,so I am thinking another program will come in for the image process for other people that can't get the PSO and BBA.

18. Cyberiusx

Cyberiusx Member

So in baby language what does this chip really do? :?

19. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

it's up to the programers..it may be used to boot copies of games straight from the disc drive or use the bba for streaming games..but something tells me that the way it will be used might be to first insert an original game, read through the barcode and then open the lid and place a DVD-R ([bold]"The Viper GC has just four wires to solder, and an input/output connector to enable potential control of the lid sensor connected to the GC drive"[/bold]..i suppose that's the use of the lid sensor)..anw time will tell but i don't suppose they would come up with this chip just to replace using PSO to stream games off the bba (and still use the bba). it wouldn't make sense and nobody would want to pay extra for the chip if they already own PSO (especially now that we can boot games using the 100mbit option)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  20. Cyberiusx

Cyberiusx Member

I see, i understood that a little :)

When you say stream games ....you mean find iso files and play it on the cube using the game online thing?