1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC - FIRST GAMECUBE MOD-CHIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ssjowowo, Nov 24, 2004.

1. indienemo

indienemo Guest

*offensive content edited by mod*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2005
  2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That applies to everybody! The next person to make a personal attack like that gets banned.

3. westies

westies Member

should be interesting to see what the GCNLiD will look like. hopefully the design wont stray too far from the original.

4. 1DKS1

1DKS1 Member

Does anybody know if there is a fix or something so I can mod my newer GC...after reading all theinfo on the viper New GC arn't working with the viper mod

5. Zippy84

Zippy84 Member

Everyone just chill out...I was just joking around with the vid....I didn't mean to start a shit storm...so I have to ask "Can't we all just get along?" But, honestly I dont care if you do get banned...its your loss not mine.....

6. indienemo

indienemo Guest

unfortunately i do have a little something more to lose than some noob who comes straight in here and starts making racist remarks, i have been here almost a year...

7. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

how about so more updates.....Does any one else have the chip and have different experiances? What media are you using? and so on

8. introlux

introlux Guest

i can confirm that the newer gamecubes are not currently compatible with the cobra bios 02, but there is no way of knowing if the current stock in stores is back stoc or new stock so it pot luck. hopefully the new bios will add compatibility for which should be released in the next week or so

introlux

9. oleg1111

oleg1111 Member

I've had the viper for a week now. I've heard a lot of bitching and whining but I think this is a great hack. It has some bugs but most of the game issues can be resolved by reburning the game with better media or a different burn speed. The only things I've seen are
    1. A game will lose sync (Metroid Prime 2...this happened once and I've played it for 5 hrs straight after it did this).
    2. Sometimes the swap disc won't boot requiring a couple power cycles to get the copy to work (nothing like the hassle PSO gives you).

As far as Mini-DVDRs go, I would save your money and not get these. I got a compatible media and it did not work at all (I wasted $15 on my memorex 5pk which is what all the local stores carry...CRapUSA, Office Depot, Office Max). I would try your stack of DVD+Rs before wasting money on stuff you don't need. My RiDATA +R's work perfectly (yes I've updated the compatibility chart).
    Stop this streaming crap and get yourself a Viper. You will still need your BBA and PSO to rip games so it is not a loss.

10. heysuburb

heysuburb Member

It seems that the yellow wire is hard to solder (based on the (http://www.maxconsole.com/?mode=comments&newsid=3182) review. Did anyone else have a hard time with that? Are there any other detailed pics that show which leg to solder to?

11. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Has anyone seen the new VIPER GC Case mods?? These things are really neat.

[​IMG]

They can fit FULL SIZED DVD's, so no more worrying about getting MINI DVD MEDIA. Also now you can fit 4.7GB + on a DVD compared to the 1.8GB on the current GC mini discs.

[​IMG]

as if these cases were not cool enough, they also come with built in LED LIGHT mods that can be turned on or off by pressing the VIPER GC logo on the top of the case. Here is a picture of what he LED's look like in the DARK:

[​IMG]

You can pickup the Viper GC Casemod and VIPER GC chip here for a very low price:

http://www.xbox-modchips.com/viper-gc-case.htm

12. depechian

depechian Member

Initial Encounter:

After installing the mod chip, i boot up the GC only to see the GC logo appear follow by a paragraph of japanese words below the GC logo.
    Previously, my GC was modified to switch between English and Japanese settings (i.e. Jap/Eng games comaptibility) using a switch attach on the back of the GC. The switch was soldered with two ends of wire where the other two ends were soldered onto 2 points on the chipboard (or motherboard u may call it). I have since removed the switch and detached all those points from the board but still it seems that it isn't the cause of the problem.

After several tries, I've inserted an original disc and the GC starts reading the disc. After few tries, it goes to the GC cube option mode.

Current Problem:

After flashing my GC with Cobra 1.2, the GC went black screened. I tried to reflash using cobra 1.1 and the GC screens came back to life -hooray. But my happiness was shortlived when it couldn't boot any orignal games at all. I'm currently using DOL-001 JAP and i'm trying using original english games. Assume that the ENG could be the cause but still i could not understand why i could not get the cobra menu or isn't the Viper suppose to take care of the issue.

Now i couldn't play any ORIGINAL ENG games. I haven't tried the JAP coz i do not own one.

Any help greatly appreciated.