1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC - FIRST GAMECUBE MOD-CHIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ssjowowo, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

yeah getting the information the gamecube needs from the pc..check this out btw - http://forums.maxconsole.com/showth...cc74832&threadid=3067&perpage=15&pagenumber=2
    [bold]"These guys have startet a bigger production of their chip, but they don't know that something amazing will hit the gc scene within the next weeks. And this new thing will also be for FREE" [/bold]
    someone says that something else will be revealed and it's going to be for free..don't know what to believe anymore!!

2. Cyberiusx

Cyberiusx Member

I see so i can download games and boot them from my computer to run instead of buying a sucky game i would like right?

This chip..ill wait and see what happpends anyway..but so far ppl use pc to play the game and using the pho right?

3. udlras

udlras Guest

No because that would be illeagal

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I was thinking could this make a harddrive compatible.It does have parrallel ports,but could the parrallel port be used you know altered to run off IDE capables or something like that for harddrives.I am wondering if this chip is going to allow sending and recieving of files.I thought the chip doesn't run off BBA or PSO,but maybe I am wrong.It could run off the parrallel port connected to the back of the computer.I wonder how quick it could transfer or recieve with a parrallel port.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

First ModChip For GameCube - Viper GC
    >> Agreed ... it's not Xbox related news - but we received this big news and it's a pretty important step forward for the GameCube homebrew scene ... so here it is:

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think what really suprises me is that it says this:

We're sure that the recent Homebrew developments (like GC-Linux) on GC will take advantage of the Viper GC's ability to run code directly from flash memory, instead of the current BroadBand Adaptor/Phantasy Star Online + Loader solution, leading to rapid development of the GC Scene.

I am thinking the PSO and BBA won't be needed anymore since this chip is going to deal without BBA and PSO technique anymore.It is possible that this chip is the solution,but still early to tell right.

7. K3ke

K3ke Member

just read this :

So if you think you can run backups with this chip, then you are wrong.
    I don't know why this homebrew stuff is so important on GC, since you can do better on XBOX.

so buying this chip is just wasting money.

8. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

that is for pirated games but what about games you leagelly own and backed up so kids wont scratch the original

I think that there is something between the lines there

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The reason they say that is the purpose of it being illegal and legal reasons.If they where to say it can load burnt copies of games.It would make it illegal and Nintendo would sue them.It is really just a matter of wait for this modchip,since the bios on the chip is a legal bios.It will have a hacked bios in the future,just give it time and watch.The main thing right now is the drive being able to pick up dvd/cd-r discs whether it is mini cd-r/dvds it is being worked on by some gc-dev team probably which is making a hacked bios that will boot these discs.

10. Cyberiusx

Cyberiusx Member

Yeha that is for sure, stuff like this take time. So give it a couple of months around 4 - 5 months and we should be back in busniss.

11. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

k3ke, don't be retarted! Its the same thing that the xbox does. Xbox mod-chips don't come with illegal bios's. They come straight from the distributers with legal linux based bios's called cromwell. You have to then aquire the illegal hacked bios's yourself and flash them yourself before you can start loading the different dashboards (homebrew) software and then make backups of your own legally owned games. If you wish to do something illegal like download games or rent them and copy them, then thats your own business but all the talk from the manufacturer of this GC chip is just himself covering his own ass! I'm sure that you can install the chip and as soon as someone releases a hacked bios (which is just a modified version of the orginal onboard bios) you can flash the chip using the parrallel port and through some means backup your GC games! I'm seriously stoked about this developmen! I've been modding xbox's for years and do about 25 every month. I don't play my xbox though nearly as much as I do my GC! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

12. philipman

philipman Regular member

so you think that it will be able to play back up games because my brother sometimes brakes my games!

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah philipman if you give it time somebody will make a bios to enable that support.I am thinking that is what will happen.If they couldn't do anything with the chip they wouldn't make a big notice of it to everyone.

14. philipman

philipman Regular member

I have some friends that said they could copy gamecube games when they make there bunner read and write backwards. Also they let me see the inside of there gc and it had a modchip that looked the one on xbox web site. This was the morning before they announced that the chip was coming out.

15. Cyberiusx

Cyberiusx Member

I see Phil...but is that the truth? :p

16. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

Its sligthly different than the one i saw some months ago but o well it's finally coming out so i can finally stop doing all dis streaming GC disc loader etc etc cause its a pain in the ass and it will cost as i told ya too about 200 per chip jeje
    Maria=)

17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

$200 a chip that is pretty steap,but does this come with the installation also.I don't know I hope the price of it aint true though.I hope it is atleast affordable for everyone.

18. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

yeah that's really a lot of money considering that chips made for other consoles are mainly below $60 and that seeing from the pics, the viper gc uses pretty cheap stuff. i don't expect it to be over $60. it will be pointless setting a price that high even if it is still the first and only modchip for gamecube (except from tmbinc's project :D)

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I agree with you it is tmbinc's project which I do give credit to rather than the GC-Viper.It is really just on producing it though.I don't think tmbinc can produce this product in mass quantities for the public.I know this is not related to what you said,but alot of people are kinda saying don't get this since it is tmbinc's project.It is the fact that someone has took the idea and made it happen for everyone to use.I still think credit is given to tmbinc,but like normal it is not possible for tmbinc to produce mass quantities of this since it does cost more than everyone thinks to make and market chips.Well anyways that is how I feel about that issue,but still 200 bones is rough on a person it should be alot cheaper I am hoping.I like the price listed from ssjowowo if it is cheaper than that it would make it better.

20. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

200$ per chip is crazy I have no idea where you got that number from but I also mod X-Boxs and chips don't hit over $65. My thinking on this is that you will be able to swap bios and allow barcode skip but we still don't know if the ripper rips games the way they were printed or how we will burn these images. All this will be found out but it is going to take time as said before.