1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC - FIRST GAMECUBE MOD-CHIP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ssjowowo, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

i agree with you L-Burna. when tmbinc finally releases its final project i will try that first because i really admire what he did and still is doing and getting no credit for it. i don't agree with people attacking the viper gc team beacause of what you said and if it's worth it i will buy it as well beacause of its ease of installation and its clean interface. if viper gc is expensive though i'm willing of helping people setting tmbinc's project on their gc

2. indienemo

indienemo Guest

finally, there is now a mod chip out , Thank god the waitings over... sigh. :')... ps that stuff about it costing $200 is bollox...$90 max.

3. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

Does anybody know around what date should we expect this to drop?

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

There is a modchip for the gamecube out that is 90 dollars where at indienemo.I have been looking around sites to find more info on the GC-Viper chip an stuff,but never seen the chip you are talking about man.The GC-Viper is a 4 wire mod unit also how many wires is this one.I don't mind spending 90 dollars on a mod if it enables backing up my games and still seems kinda expensive,but should be worth it right.Another thing is the mod on preorder right now or is it actually available for buying.

5. indienemo

indienemo Guest

no, didnt mean there is one out for $90, but i reckon thats what theyre gonna charge for this viper mod chip. cos its if any more than $100, its extortion i mean you could get two gamecube systems for that price! get real... !

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah my bad I thought you new a different mod or something.Yeah I still think the price 90 is over the price range for this chip,but around 60 is actually fair or a little above that.I think in the price range of 200 that would be insane for real.I am thinking like you said man a mod shouldn't cost more than the actual system.

7. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

that is so stupid....

here is why you can simply mod your gamecube with a switch and some wire to play imports without a mod chip
    and you can still use it online with phantasy star online without getting banned of of online use

and once you install a mod chip into your game cube you will no longer be able to play system link games
    so have fun!!!!!

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

All I have to say a modchip aint stupid in my opinion.
    It will enable more features than the PSO and BBA ever will.It has the possibility to support backups without the need of PSO and BBA.It already has the support of sending .DOL files without the need of these two things and with the support from some GC-Dev team.It already has full region support from what is said from the authors.The system link games would still work by putting the mod into a a stealth mode probably or online play where the chip doesn't even function.I am sure they have thought of this before even making the chip since this has been being developed for about 4 years now.I think what you said can't be proved right or wrong as of right now anyways since the chip isn't out yet.You are really just making up flaws of a chip that doesn't really exist yet.Wait for the chip to come out to even criticize it rather than criticize something that is not out yet.

9. indienemo

indienemo Guest

you can really see why this guy still has newbie status, huh? lol, obviously hasnt tried playing any FMV heavy game on the PSO exploit then...hasnt spent ages having to settle for a less than perfect medium. Im not ashamed to say im actually really looking forward to testing this out... and any amount of attention seeking critisim wont put me off it

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I feel the same way to be honest indienemo.I think this is a big improvement not just for all the abilities this mod can actually have,but for the fact that it will get rid of the rare PSO and BBA buying problem also.I have seen alot of people saying they can't purchase the products needed to stream there games.If this is true this mod can bring everyone that can't buy those rare products back to enjoying this system.I feel yah man,loading those big ass FMV games are really bugging the hell out of me.

Yeah this person probably hasn't experienced what a modchip can do.I have experienced a modchip in my Xbox and it is the shiznit no lie.I would have a mod in my PS2,but am skeptical of all the upgrades that keep coming out(modchips keep coming out too quick for the PS2,so it makes it hard for me to decide which one).I am waiting right now for the DMS4 EZLite modchip which is a solderless chip.I know how advanced a modchip can get with game systems,so it is possible to get this chip to do alot of things that are unimaginable.The things said from this person doesn't change my thought on getting this mod,because I have different expectations from this mod than this person does.I also think flaws are worked out of mods all the time.

11. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

first of all yes i have used mod chip's second why would you want to make a backup copy of game and play it when for 20.00 to 50.00 you could purchase the game instead of being a cheap person and ripping off nintendo and also did you bother thinking that if you don't want to mod your gamecube to run illegal software and want your gamecube to play imports you can simple use the 2 wire and one switch mod and mod your gamecube to read anything without spending 90.00 to even 200.00 for a chip and 60 dollers for a programmer

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have to say I knew you would get all pissy about this,but I couldn't help myself.I like to keep backups of my games and I do purchase my games.I don't think I should have to purchase the game over and over again to keep my games.It is actually legal to make backups of your games if you own the original read up on it alright.The 2 wire mod you are talking about is a region mod.It doesn't have anything to deal with the bios it is just a region change.I have been reading up on it and I think you should also before making a post that is nonesense.

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Another thing is that who said there would be a programmer for this chip.I think this chip is its own programmer using a link system from the GC to the PC.All I have to say is get yourself together man and come back to reality.

14. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

well said L-Burna

15. indienemo

indienemo Guest

This guy has just proved he knows nothing! It is perfectly legal to create a backup of a game you already own... and some people including myself would also like to run linux and certain other homebrew apps as they are also pefectly legal.. as long as you dont use them to perform illegal tasks. Do your research before you barge into a forum trying to make a name for yourself. And just to dig yourself even deeper into your dirty little hole, you say:
    contradicting anything you previously said... Now mate, if youve finished grinding your axe please can you stop posting nuisance...

16. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

today at school i was thinking a lot of how a chip can be developed.and I was thinking.
    is it possible that in order to take nintendo totally out the market.
    People form Microsoft or/and Sony paid Old school programmers to develop the chip. Think about it and you will see its not completly nonsense i mean this will practically kill nintendo if the chip starts being produced in big scales.
    remember this can be just mere imagination and an interesting thought What ya think?
    And also WTF with that ugly ass face that Nephleheim or whatever put when he banned Sosdelas jajajjajaja
    Maria=)

17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Huh????A modchip doesn't kill a system it makes it better think about it.If you look at Sony and Microsoft they are doing alot better than Nintendo and why do you think they are doing better.It is the fact that they made systems for everyone not just for one group of people from my understanding which would be for kids.The systems have dvd compatibility which means you can watch Dvd movies on both of those systems which the GameCube fails to do unless you buy the close to 500 dollar Panasonic Q(which is not affordable by most people including me).The modchips enhance systems and make them better by sales has been proven(take a look at the DMS4 team that has been threaten for there amount of sales).The modchip is not killing Nintendo it is actually Nintendo killing themselves by trying to sue everyone that tries to make it better.If Sony or Microsoft are behind this chip then I am giving them my money for this chip with satisfaction,because this chip is the answer I am thinking to atleast getting a backup to read from the drive and not having to worry about what loader will work with what game or why this game is choppy and all crazy sounding.It is not bad what you said,but I don't see how a mod can make a system worse.

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I don't know it seems like Nintendo is making themselves unknown rather than everybody else making products for it I think.I have nothing against Nintendo remember that,but I don't see how blaming a different company that is not endorsed by Nintendo is going to make the system boom with sales.The chip isn't out still,and if it was the sales for the system would increase big time.I still feel it is Nintendo fault for it being a dead console for right now.

19. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

Actually nintendo has made it illegal to back up games if you don't believe me open an instruction booklet to the last page and at the top it will say:

"Important Legal Information

Copying of any video game for any Nintendo system is illegal and is strictly prohibited by domestic and international intellectual property laws."Back-up" or "archival" copies are not authorized nad are not necessary to protect you software. Violators will be prosecuted." -Nintendo back page of instuction booklet

There is more to about how it does not interfere with statutory rights.

20. Stormy15

Stormy15 Member

Hi,

Nintendo would be much famous with this modchip than they are now are! I am a Nintendo Freak, and I love them!! Nintendo is the best company of the world :).

On 6th December the chip will come!

Ps: Sorry for my bad English :(

Greetz

StormRider

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004