1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC modchip is now shipping from U.S.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Mr69ways, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

This is great but are you sure that this site is a good one to buy from.

3. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

4. philipman

philipman Regular member

any updates on the bios they are going to come out soon?

5. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Cobra BIOS is the first one. Allows you to boot backups from DVD-R or mini DVD-R using the swap method. Confimed working by a couple of trustful sites.

6. philipman

philipman Regular member

So how would get the image file to the pc and how would you burn it, would you burn it backwords or normal.

7. rony2211

rony2211 Guest

you have to read it from the game cube just like the xbox sodont order the chip unless you have a bba

8. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

If using PSO to rip a game you just create an ISO file and burn with normal DVD buring software. There is another method of obtaining a n ISO image but I will get into that. I suggest you guys start some valuable reading

www.maxconsole.com
    www.cubehacker.com
    www.gcdev.com
    www.dextrose.com
    www.xbox-scene.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2004
  9. rony2211

rony2211 Guest

another way for iso i have heard everybody claim that but i think its bullshit the only other way is to download them

10. DonGio

DonGio Member

Anyone take a look at the "Xvid Of Cobra Bios In Action" that was posted on MaxConsole this evening?

Video is really really dark except for some bright blue coming from a gamecube which appears to have the top ripped off. There is a glance at the Cobra Bios Load screen, someone switching the disc and Zelda loading up...Looks very much like all the other fakes I have seen online.
    If you were going to PROVE something worked with a video you would have good lighting and let us see YOU, with the GC playing the game in front of the TV. Easily could have been another GC plugged into the TV somewhere else...a lot of cords on the floor there.
    Guess I'll wait to hear from people that purchase the chip. I'm really doubting there is much truth to it being able to play back ups though :p
    *wishes it were true*
    ---I did some more looking around online tonight and maybe I spoke out in bitterness too soon---
    Post from tmbinc in regards to the Cobra Bios
    "ok, looks like i've been proven wrong, sorry.
    no comments on that, pleease"
    I don't know if that means he downloaded it and disassemble the BIOS or tested it using his own mod solution...But yeah for him to say he was wrong, makes this sound promising LOL...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  11. Turpulus

Turpulus Member

12. DonGio

DonGio Member

Well the GC is apparently pretty picky about media right now...they are still working on it, as they mention in the NFO file with the Cobra bios release:
    SONY DVD-R 1.4GB handycam: doesn't work
    TDK DVD-R 1.4GB scratchproof: doesn't work
    MAXELL DVD-R 1.4GB: sometimes boot, but then loose sync
    DATAWRITE DVD-R 1.4GB: on some drives it works 100% like the best DVD-R, but on some other drives it just can't sync(when it does its working perfectly)

They didn't mention Hitachi mini DVD-R as they probably didn't test them but at $1.39 for five might as well give it a try, and then come back and let us all know if you had any success.

13. Turpulus

Turpulus Member

Hmmm, I think I will just stick with regular DVD-Rs because they are more reliable. Is there a walkthrough to get the top off of my gamecube? Is it safe to leave the top off while you play a game? What is the cheapest the Viper mod chip is being sold for. I got it for $70.

14. Jus2Gud

Jus2Gud Member

Hi, I was just wondering where I could get the Cobra BIOS from and is there anything else needed to burn the backups? Also, is there any special procedure for playing the games? Thanks for your time.