1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper GC Ripper 1.0

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by L-Burna, Jan 30, 2005.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

VIPER GC RIPPER 1.0

As riptool.dol doesn't work with Viper GC (no proper init code?), I made a special Viper Ripper program, based on the ipl replacement by tmbinc (you can also use the other ipl replacement features such as sending dols).

You need:
    - Cobra 0.3 or more
    - BBA
    - Internet Explorer (or another compatible browser)
    - Around 45 minutes for one disk rip

Usage:
    - On PC Burn the DOL file with Nero (use ISO9660
    format, without Joliet)
    - On GC (using Cobra BIOS) go in the Disc Explorer
    and run the DOL file
    - Follow the instructions!

It's possible to rip many disks in one session.

The source files are included, thanks to all the original authors!
    If someone wants to make a better tutorial... feel free =)

K-0-D

The tutorial on setting up and ripping your games using this utility:

Usage of the ViperRipMulti.zip Package
    1. Configure your PC
    2. Starting the cube
    3. Getting the backup

1. [bold]Configure your PC[/bold]
    First of all open up the the “network connections”.
    Then open the connection you are using for the cube.
    Once opened, select the “TCP/IP protocol” and click on “Properties”
    After this step. In the new window you will see the IP you used until now. Click on
    “Advanced”.
    A new window will open up on your screen. On the “IP settings” add a new IP. Type in
    10.0.0.205 as the IP and 255.255.255.0 as the Subnetmask. Due to a bug other IPs won’t work
    at the moment.
    When all things go right you should see the new IP back in the “IP-Settings” – Window

2. [bold]Fire up the Cube[/bold]
    Turn on your GameCube and load the DVD which includes the new ripping utility (use
    ISO9660 format, without Joliet). Choose Explore DVD and you will get this Menu:
    Load the VIPERRIPMULTI.DOL via pressing the “A”-Button. You will get to the Config-
    Screen of the MultiRipper Utility.
    In there adjust the gateway IP address to 010.000.000.205 as shown in the image below.
    Now choose the “Game Backup”- option in the menu. And follow the Onscreen-Instructions
    until the Screen looks like that:

3. [bold]Getting the backup[/bold]
    Now just open up your favourite browser and type in this URL:http://10.0.0.203/backup.iso
    And you will be asked where to save the file. That’s it.

4. [bold]Troubleshooting[/bold]
    If something goes wrong check your settings again.
    - Make sure using 10.0.0.205 / 255.255.255.0 as your
    PC’s IP / SM
    - A problem could be using a switch or router for
    connecting the devices. The best
    method of connecting the Cube with your PC is using
    a crossover-network cable.
    - Another Problem is if you’re not using the IP given
    in this short TUT will end in
    Connection Problems. That’s a temporary Bug which
    should be fixed soon, I hope.

Last I want to thank the developers of this great tool which makes the ****ing usage of PSO unnecessarily.
    THX

This is definately something someone with a ViperGC needs to pick up.It rips quick,and you don't have to go through PSO.The actual tutorial is in .pdf with alot of pictures if you are more of a visual person I would suggest picking the tutorial up.

2. peteincam

peteincam Member

Where can you get this tool?

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The only places I have seen so far that have this tool are register sites peteincam.If you want to you can register here though and get it http://www.eurasia.nu ,and they also have the tutorial.

4. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Can we use a different ip?

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

In the .nfo they said that the program is only limited to that one IP at the moment.The reason it is like that though is because it is new.I think they will update the program and have it run on any IP,but at the moment they really are probably just working with the ripping process.

6. tempest9

tempest9 Member

Just for grins I decided to try running this with SD load on a non-Viper GC. And it worked!
    Never messed with PSO as it just seemed too involved.
    This thing works great! Kuddos to shadowsan!

One question, as I understand PSO is what limited the speed to 10Mbps not the GC HW. So why can't Viper GC Ripper run at 100 and not 10?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

PSO was a result in the 100mbit problem,but the 100mbit didn't really solve much of anything except for streaming some games.I never seen a ripping program that ran really good at 100mbit(they seem to have too many bugs in them and where betas).I think as for ripping you will always want to have the slowest speed as possible since it creates a image of a game kinda like a burning program.The slower your speed is the better your results will be in missed packets for the GC.I think they will probably update it to 100mbit later on,but you have to remember this is the first release.

8. tempest9

tempest9 Member

L-Burna,
    good points!
    For now I will just be happy with having a VERY easy way to rip backups!
    Now I just need to figure out the other direction!

9. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I can't get it to load according to the tutorial. When I try to select the disc explorer for DVD it says invalid file system. All my backups work great though and I can load the dol file through PSO perfectly and It made the best backup's yet but it would be great if I could load it from the cobra bios.

10. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

anybody?

11. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Where's the love???

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Ummmm..nah Kafluke sorry man I haven't had the problem,but this is the first release of it so bugs are sure to be involved man.You could try switching from the 0.4 bios to 0.3 to see if that helps you out,other than that not really sure man.

13. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Cool man thanks. Great looking program. All I need now is a Viper GC now! I just bought a ****ing sd card and sd card adapter as well. Still trying to sell the damn stuff...

14. tempest9

tempest9 Member

indienemo
    As I want to wait for dust to settle on the viper, I have no imediate plans to get one. In the interum I have made my own SD adapter and have gotten SDload working. Very cool GC accessory!

VIPER GC RIPPER 1.0 works with SDload! That is how I am running it -NO VIPER, NO DVD and NO PSO! Copy ViperRipMulti.dol to your sd card and follow the tut. You do not need to initialized the BBA with SDIPDATA.CFG as ViperRipMulti.dol will do it. Infact I would leave SDIPDATA.CFG off Sd card when trialing.
    Rips games in 45-50 minutes!

Know I need to see if I can get someting running to stream the game back at 100Mbps.

15. indienemo

indienemo Guest

But you still cant boot backups can you? Only streaming... it really annoys me.

16. tempest9

tempest9 Member

Yes - still cannot use backups.
    I am hoping that with all the recent breakthrus in GC hacking / dev that someday we might be able to use SDload to boot backups and not need viper. Decrypted Cobra Bios????
    For now I would just be happy to stream my backups with SDload - any ideas on how to do this w/o PSO?

17. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Streaming sucks, not every game is compatable. And most gamesrun choppy and slow.

18. TOPLOADER

TOPLOADER Member

Kafluke burn the file onto a data dvd with nero and it should work ok you might have burnt the disk as an iso

19. goodyear2

goodyear2 Member

Hi!
    Where can I find VIPER GC RIPPER 1.0?
    Have search with google and on eurasia, but nothing.

Tanx!

20. RowanDDR

RowanDDR Member

There is an ERROR in the tutorial.. took me 2 days to figure it out! In step 2, it says set your cube IP to 010.000.000.205 ... WRONG. Set it to 010.000.000.203 ....making a legal backup copy of my Monkeyball2 disc right now, at last!!