1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper,ISO,Nero,TDK full size DVD-R = Success!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by phoenixau, Feb 8, 2005.

1. phoenixau

phoenixau Member

Yesterday i received my viper chip that i ordered from http://www.robotpig.com great packaging and delivery,very friendly and always available to answer questions,highly recommended.

Anyway I installed the viper and found it quite easy if you just take your time.The only difficult bit was removing the heatsink as it is well pasted and too much twisting can damage the board. I was a little usure about leaving the modchip where it sits, but so far its fine. I leave the lid off when i want to use it, just as a temp measure until a new lid is released or i get my hands on a good mini DVD-R.
    So i have downloaded an Iso of PSO 1+2 and used Nero to burn the Iso on Princo at 2x closing the disc. How ever it didnt work,this morning i woke up and remembered i had a TDK DVD-R under my desk. I burnt the iso @ 4x with Nero and it works, so i am very happy. Just to let you know,i had no black screens or any problems in getting the GC to load or power up.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  2. ninja234

ninja234 Guest

hey im new so wat program do i need to burn the gamecube games and wat type of discs do i need

3. phoenixau

phoenixau Member

Well as much as i would love to give you all the answers, i think you may find that what kind of disc will vary between GC's. Use TDK 4.7gb DVD-R discs that have a blue/grey top with TDK writing around one side of the edge and i use nero to burn.

4. ninja234

ninja234 Guest

thanks for the help 1 more question how much did u pay for ur mod chip divineo.com is tellin me 67 for the viper mod chip is tht a fair price

5. phoenixau

phoenixau Member

Many people will tell you to shop around, I know of one guy who paid $77 with the gamebit to remove the screws. All i can tell you is that http://www.robotpig.com served me very well and i am just ordering more chips from him,the choice is yours.Average price for the viper is around the $68.

6. ninja234

ninja234 Guest

u orderin more maybe i can buy one from u if tht is ok

7. phoenixau

phoenixau Member

Firstly i would have to say no, i dont know you and you dont really know what country i am in as far as i know,its really simple to order. Sorry dude

8. ninja234

ninja234 Guest

ok well im from ny u can be a goo help of mine come on

9. ninja234

ninja234 Guest

ok well im from ny u can be a goo help of mine come on

10. Artlover

Artlover Member

What exactly would be any different with you buying one off of someone here, or buying it from a compnay yourself? Either way, you still got to send someone else your money and personal information and wait.

No one here knows who you are or anything else, and as a result, no one here is going to be particuarly willing to go out of their way to help you, especialy when you can just as easily DO IT YOURSELF. If you're able to buy one from someone here, then you are just as able to buy one from real distributer too.

http://www.divineo.cn (their Honk Kong/China location) is a good place. Where I got mine from. $67.95 for the chip + $5 flat rate international airmail. Took exactly 13 days from the day I ordered till I actually had it in my hands. They replied to e-mails, kept me upto date with order number info, and tracking info and stuff. No complaints.

11. ninja234

ninja234 Guest

ok ill do it thanku

12. morphx

morphx Member

ninja234

I know a person that sells viper right in NY,i am in connecticut so i get it faster from there,NY not far from CT. in all,so i know you will get it next day you being in NY,so pm me and i'll forward you the info or just add my instant messenger sondisbpt@hotmail.com or aim at sondis73