1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper Mod Installed w/Cobra 1.1

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by jamieshan, May 3, 2005.

1. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

I just got my Cube chipped with the above config, but I'm having one issue. My games boot up, but I keep getting a "problem with game disc error". I've had my laser adjusted but none of the settings seem to matter. I'm using Memorex dvd mini's burned at 4x using Nero. Does anyone have an idea what's causing the problem? Thanks.

jamieshan

2. peteincam

peteincam Member

yeah, you're memorex mini-dvds are the problem. Try ritek g04 ridata.

3. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Okay. Yeah, that's a good place to start. But I thought once you tweaked the laser the Cube would read even the cheapest dvd? I believe mine is currently set at 220. Any other ideas what it could be? I will try a new brand of dvd. Thanks.

4. LiquidKil

LiquidKil Member

I have my gamecube laser tweaked to 170ish, and I'm using Cicero DVD+R(Cheap dvds 100 for $50cdn) Work perfect.

5. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

I couldnt get Memorex discs to play at all on mine
    Then I tweeked the laser from the 191ohm to 230ohms then it would play them for awhile and it would error out
    After all of this I ordered some Ridata Minis and now it will play them